BB 0.3 - camera won't focus

cavillis

Reaction score
Ever since I rooted my phone and installed BB, my camera will not focus. It seems that it is stuck in "Macro" mode because things that are REAL close up are in focus, but everything else is blurry. Changing to Infinity or Auto makes no difference.

Anyone else having this problem? Is there a script I can run to fix it?

Zargon

Reaction score
No focusing issues here. I'm running the smoked glass theme if that matters.

hamitup

Reaction score
I am having same problem with BB0.3. Maybe Peter will check it out for us.

Tino

Reaction score
Just hold down the gold button lightly until it focuses then snap the picture. Problem solved.

junpar

Reaction score
Just hold down the gold button lightly until it focuses then snap the picture. Problem solved.

Haha. That's like Steve Jobs's comment about holding the iphone a different way although in a lesser degree..

The camera is supposed to autofocus on one click of the camera button, if it doesn't something is wrong and it should be addressed.

jhhoffma

Reaction score

Haha. That's like Steve Jobs's comment about holding the iphone a different way although in a lesser degree..

The camera is supposed to autofocus on one click of the camera button, if it doesn't something is wrong and it should be addressed.

Really? Every single digital camera I've ever used does the whole "half-press-to-focus" thing and full-press to capture. Anyone who's ever pushed all the way first, is lucky to NOT get a blurry photo.

shugknight

Reaction score
Agreed. Actually I'm really shocked that a lot of people did not know this. My friend who was an avid picture taker never knew that holding it down the shutter button halfway will focus the shot first.

OPTIMUS124

Reaction score
I am having same problem with BB0.3. Maybe Peter will check it out for us.

Agreed. Actually I'm really shocked that a lot of people did not know this. My friend who was an avid picture taker never knew that holding it down the shutter button halfway will focus the shot first.

I agree with all of you guys, and understand the workaround but its a feature that functioned previously, and I'm lazy lol

Has anyone tried to reinstall the default camera app?

Last edited:

Stemage

Reaction score
This does not work for me either. Holding down the button halfway first does not focus (how I've always done it). It beeps like it's found the focus, but the focus does not actually work.

OPTIMUS124

Reaction score
Ok guys, I got my camera to work. This may sound random, but it did the job.

Restored to a 2.1 Nandroid
Opened the Camera app and Verified I could focus
Booted into recovery
Wiped Data and Cache twice
Loaded BB 0.3

Everything is solid now. Go Figure

moto_x

Reaction score
I have this problem too, but I can randomly get it to work if I close the camera app and reopen it a few times. Wiping data/cache solves the problem temporarily but it comes back. It also happens regardless of what rom I run.

Raven1r44

Reaction score
when you first installed .3 were you coming from another froyo rom? and did you wipe data/cache atleast twice?

moto_x

Reaction score
I came from BB 0.2 and even though it was unneccessary, I wiped twice.

I also just completely formatted system, data, and cache. Each three times, reinstalled BB 0.4 and still have the problem.

moto_x

Reaction score
Ok out of frustration I tapped the camera a few times physically and now it appears to focus.

Odd. Must be a hardware problem...