BB 0.2.1 Gmail Sync

matthileo

Reaction score
I'm running BB 0.2.1 Froyo, and Gmail sync doesn't seem to be working.
I get new messages as they come, but when I make changes to messages (read, archive, label) those changes are not synced back up.

Anyone have a solution, or is anyone else experiencing this issue?

stark23x

Reaction score
I get new messages as they come, but when I make changes to messages (read, archive, label) those changes are not synced back up.

Mine comes and goes. Sometimes it syncs instantly and sometimes it takes hours and hours. It's been like this for every Froyo ROM I've used. Last time I had reliable gmail sync that was rock-solid was on ESE81 ROMs. However, it works more often that it doesn't, so I'm ok.

OP
matthileo

matthileo

Reaction score

Mine comes and goes. Sometimes it syncs instantly and sometimes it takes hours and hours. It's been like this for every Froyo ROM I've used. Last time I had reliable gmail sync that was rock-solid was on ESE81 ROMs. However, it works more often that it doesn't, so I'm ok.

Clearing all the data and the cache associated with Gmail, and then re-syncing seemed to fix it. At least for now.

djhuang

Reaction score
I was having the same issue and just wanted to confirm for others that clearing the data and cache for the gmail app in the "manage applications" settings will fix the problem. Thanks!