Battery Use Percentages

pcolevr

Reaction score
Hi and salute to the Mighty Rescue Squad!

I have, unfortunately had several recent posts where I pontificated on the downfall of my Motor Droid since the Froyo updates - particularly the battery life. I have put on my BIG GIRL PANTIES and am about to head to Verizon to Demand a Droid 2 or some other type of immediate fix to my 1 hour battery life dilemma. 'A' keep telling me to phone 'B', and 'B' keeps telling me to talk to 'A'. and I'm just DONE with it. (Meaning Verizon stores tell me to talk to the 800 number, and they in turn point me to my local store...)

My question before I go off with guns a blazing...I saw a discussion over the weekend about the battery use statistics (in settings) and read where your System usage shouldn't ever be at the top of the list. Well, mine is consistently showing as ANDROID SYSTEM on top with 46%, followed by ANDROID OS with 25%, then dropping to DISPLAY with 12% and on down.

Is this normal? I seem to recall always seeing Display, then voice calls etc. before the dreaded update.

Thanks for all your help recently!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
A one hour life cycle is unreasonable!

Here are my current usages
Voice calls 66%
phone idle 13%
cell standby 10
display 8%
Android System 5%

Something is wrong!

Mike

samiusmc

Reaction score

I have, unfortunately had several recent posts where I pontificated on the downfall of my Motor Droid since the Froyo updates - particularly the battery life. I have put on my BIG GIRL PANTIES and am about to head to Verizon to Demand a Droid 2 or some other type of immediate fix to my 1 hour battery life dilemma. 'A' keep telling me to phone 'B', and 'B' keeps telling me to talk to 'A'. and I'm just DONE with it. (Meaning Verizon stores tell me to talk to the 800 number, and they in turn point me to my local store...)

My question before I go off with guns a blazing...I saw a discussion over the weekend about the battery use statistics (in settings) and read where your System usage shouldn't ever be at the top of the list. Well, mine is consistently showing as ANDROID SYSTEM on top with 46%, followed by ANDROID OS with 25%, then dropping to DISPLAY with 12% and on down.

Is this normal? I seem to recall always seeing Display, then voice calls etc. before the dreaded update.

It's only normal if the Droid has been idle for a long time. If you're using it, the display should be the largest battery user.

Are you sure you didn't download an app that could be affecting your battery life? What market apps do you have installed?

OP
pcolevr

pcolevr

Reaction score

It's only normal if the Droid has been idle for a long time. If you're using it, the display should be the largest battery user.

Are you sure you didn't download an app that could be affecting your battery life? What market apps do you have installed?
@ samiusmc - I wish it were an app, but over the past few weeks, I have taken the phone (the original and the first replacement) back down to an almost "app-less" state. Nothing cutesy; no games; the only apps installed are pretty much the ones the phone came with plus a few choice/trusted ones like appbrain and Lookout. I did go to Verizon yesterday and they are sending ANOTHER replacement phone and jokingly said "third time will be lucky", and I truly hope so, but am not very confident at this point. After I continued to complain about the ridiculous battery life, the smart-ass rep said "well, don't you have a car charger and a wall charger?, You should just keep it plugged up:. I told her that of course I had chargers, but that was beside the point. They call it a MOBILE phone for a reason, right? Verizon freely admitted to me that the update had really messed some people up but that it was a low percentage and they were no longer giving Droid 2's as replacements unless they ran out of Droids. She said her best advice was to be patient and wait for a "Patch" that would fix the update.... Wow - what great customer service!

Will post how #3 does when it gets here tomorrow............