battery testimonies

Gazzy13

Reaction score
Hey everyone was just wanting to hear about your battery life stats, I feel as though my battery is not what it should be and am trying to check with others

I went from 100% to 5% in 13 hours and this to me feels poor, 52% and 4 hours was on screen time, wifi has been running for the whole 13 hours, and about 2 hours of that time I was playing games, is this normal or is my battery defective?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hi Gazzy13,

Your battery usage pattern doesn't sound suspicious. 4 hours of on screen with 2 hours of that playing games, and still getting 13 hours sounds about normal for the standard battery smart phones. WIFI on the full 13 hours is good if you are connected to a WIFI link, but if there is no link nearby, having WIFI off would help preserve battery life. Try downloading and installing WIFI Auto On (Verizon's application, not the third party one), and set up locations that have known internet access to which you can connect. Once configured properly, it will turn WIFI on and off as you arrive at and leave from those WIFI connected areas, and will also help to preserve battery life.

Also, check your brightness level. Believe me, it's great to see a really bright screen with all those colors leaping off the screen, but that intensity comes at a great cost. Lowering your brightness can add hours to the battery's run time. Your screen is one of the largest power hogs and anything you can do to reduce time on will have a large impact on the battery run time.

revelated

Reaction score
I say no way. Even with screen brightness to maximum, if you were on wifi the entire time, and not using 4g. You should definitely be getting at minimum 15 hours of battery.

My question: did you disable global under the mobile network mode?

OP
G

Gazzy13

Reaction score
I have my screen on smart brightness which says it's the best at saving battery, I also have the app juice defender on aggressive mode which saves battery. I just feel like it drains too quick... I will play a high quality game such as dead triggerfor ten min and lose 5 percent battery

revelated

Reaction score
I have my screen on smart brightness which says it's the best at saving battery, I also have the app juice defender on aggressive mode which saves battery. I just feel like it drains too quick... I will play a high quality game such as dead triggerfor ten min and lose 5 percent battery

Get rid of Juice Defender. disable Global mode. Again, 15 hours minimum.

mgrande

Reaction score
Just realized this was not the maxx section. Mine is the maxx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Lucas5

Reaction score
what is the global mode? I see that mine is set to that.
Nevertheless, I get a day and a half easily with heavy usage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
G

Gazzy13

Reaction score
Yeah I can't find this global mode what do u all think I should do? Maybe return idk...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
By default the mobile data is set to global mode but that can interfere with your mobile data connection and your battery because rather than your phone only looking for a LTE/CDMA connection, it is looking for those and a bunch of non-existent, useless gsm connections, wasting battery in the process and not maintaining the best connection.

Set it to LTE/CDMA mode for best results.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Gazzy13 said:
Yeah I can't find this global mode what do u all think I should do? Maybe return idk...

Go to settings > More... (which is below Data usage) > Mobile networks > then to Network mode. Set to LTE/CDMA.

OP
G

Gazzy13

Reaction score
okay well I disabled global mode and set to LTE, but IDK about uninstalling juice defender seems like a legit app...

exia00

Reaction score
I tried turning global mode off on mine, and then could not connect back to LTE, had to turn global back on and restart my phone to get mine to connect back to LTE

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
exia00 said:
I tried turning global mode off on mine, and then could not connect back to LTE, had to turn global back on and restart my phone to get mine to connect back to LTE

Is this on the Verizon network. If so, I would try again...select LTE/CDMA, restart your phone, check to make sure it is still set on LTE/CDMA and see if it connects.

OP
G

Gazzy13

Reaction score
Just an update I timed it and after one hour of gaming with global turned off, data off, only wifi. I lost 24 percent battery after only one hour... Is this normal?