Battery stinks!

suzy56

Reaction score
Just received the Incredible last week. The battery is terrible. It doesn't even last me 8hrs with little use. Whats up with that. I got the advance task killer (I think thats the name) and its in use. Still the battery sucks! I'm reading other threads and see its a common problem. Any other suggestions? Suz

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
is this your first touchscreen phone? i only ask because they all suck. if you look at your battery usage, the screen will be the majority of the draw on power.. there are things you can do to mitigate the "damage" incurred, but really any touchscreen phone (especially capacitive touchscreens like on the droid, incredible, eris, iphone, etc) will have horrible battery life, comparatively speaking.

thacrownprince

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. It's a common problem. I upgraded to the HTC Incredible from the Motorola Droid and the battery was so bad, I switched back before the 30 days was up. It's is a very nice phone, but with such a small battery and such power, the battery life is not too good. It's a super fast phone, but overall, I felt like it wasn't much of an upgrade so I switched back.

Have you tried lowering the screen brightness? You did do the task killer, which should help. If all else fails, I think they are making an extended battery, but unfortunately that will make the phone more bulky. Go to Settings>About Phone>Battery Use and see what is using most of the battery. Turn off Wifi and Bluetooth. Turn off GPS - this is probably what is using a lot of your battery. Turn off the vibrate when you type. Reduce the amount of time the screen stays on before it turns off. Hope that helps.

OP
S

suzy56

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes I've been doing it all day. Now it says Android System 62% Display 18% cell standby 16% and phone idle 4% Earlier it read idle 36% and cell standby 41% something like that. I changed time out from 2 minutes to 30 seconds. Its pain in butt to keep turning phone on. Suz

dbuglio

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes I've been doing it all day. Now it says Android System 62% Display 18% cell standby 16% and phone idle 4% Earlier it read idle 36% and cell standby 41% something like that. I changed time out from 2 minutes to 30 seconds. Its pain in butt to keep turning phone on. Suz

Android system using 62% of your battery does not sound correct, screen should ALWAYS be using the majority of your battery by a large margin. Sounds like a rogue program to me using too many cpu cycles

Abadus

Reaction score
Don't forget to do a *228 option 2. It will help a little bit as well. Re-syncs the cell towers near you to your phone. << or something like that.