Battery pulls bad?

woahdroid

Reaction score
I called verizon to fix my clock widget. Which they did. Actually a tech that could. Do something. Anyways he asked if I did a battery pull? I said all the time. Which I feel you should do atleast 1 a day because someone told me that it's fine. But the tech told me that it's horrible and I should do it at the most 1 a week. Any one wanna tell me which one is right. And is it okay to do battery pulls when needed?

sent from my HTC Droid Incredible 2

PhDCow

Reaction score
I only do a battery pull if I'm locked up. But doing a reboot on our phones is the same thing, if you can get to the menu. Since it is a soft reset and clears the cache, I only do it when I have to.

If you absolutely have to do it and you do it frequently, then you've got a problem.

derek33

Reaction score
I agree only do it if you have to so nothing bad happens.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I think it's only ok to do that on a BB. I personally only do a pull if the phone completely locks up and hasn't done anything in like 10 mins. Or if I get boot loop or stuck at M.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

OP
woahdroid

woahdroid

Reaction score
I honestly only do it to get my clock/weather thing to work. I don't think I should have too. But I still did. I shut the phone off in the middle of the day. Just out of habits

sent from my HTC Droid Incredible 2

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
My clock/weather widget has been working since i factory reset. I have yet to do a battery pull for anything yet.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I would not pull the battery just because. If you shut it down first then pull it, no problem. Just don't pull it out while on unless you need to. It is not a big issue and not likely to cause problems, but you can have data loss when doing that if something were writing at the time when you pulled the battery. Just reboot it once in a while.

On a Blackberry, as tjk629 said, it is not as big an issue as there is no other method to actually reboot the device.

evan2001

Reaction score
The problem that the VZW people are not really saying and to remember now is that these smart phones are more computer then phone. That said would you yank out the plug while it was still on and running ? No. So don't do it to a smart phone. Yes if you shut it down its not bad.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Fernley

Reaction score
When you guys say "reboot" what exactly do you mean?

Just turning off then back on? Or is there something else?

I recently moved from BB and had a quick pull app that pulled 1x a day and it definitely helped.

With that in mind I added an app on my Driod called Fast Reboot. Its not something that happens unless I manually activate it. And to be honest I have only used it a coupe times and for no reason other than I thought I should. Frankly I'm not sure it actually does anything because I do not notice any change in the phones performance after doing so.

If it doesn't steal the OP's request for help does anyone want to explain all this to me?

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
When you guys say "reboot" what exactly do you mean?

Just turning off then back on? Or is there something else?

I recently moved from BB and had a quick pull app that pulled 1x a day and it definitely helped.

With that in mind I added an app on my Driod called Fast Reboot. Its not something that happens unless I manually activate it. And to be honest I have only used it a coupe times and for no reason other than I thought I should. Frankly I'm not sure it actually does anything because I do not notice any change in the phones performance after doing so.

If it doesn't steal the OP's request for help does anyone want to explain all this to me?

You know how your computer has a restart button? so does the droid phones.. hold your power button and select restart/reboot.

ABQNM

Reaction score
You know how your computer has a restart button? so does the droid phones.. hold your power button and select restart/reboot.

Nope.... When I hold the power button I get 3 options.
Silent mode
Airplane Mode
Power Off

You can just power off and back on. What kind of phone do you have? The incredible 2 has a restart option in the stock software.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

Fernley

Reaction score
Nope.... When I hold the power button I get 3 options.
Silent mode
Airplane Mode
Power Off

You can just power off and back on. What kind of phone do you have? The incredible 2 has a restart option in the stock software.

I have a Droid X2.
I typically do not turn the phone off but don't care if I need to; its quick so no big deal.
Is the "Fast Reboot" App I downloaded actually sufficient/ useful or is it just fluff?

ABQNM

Reaction score

I have a Droid X2.
I typically do not turn the phone off but don't care if I need to; its quick so no big deal.
Is the "Fast Reboot" App I downloaded actually sufficient/ useful or is it just fluff?

Honestly I wouldn't reboot it unless you start to have issues, but it doesn't hurt to do it now and then. That app works as well just avoid a hot reboot if it has that option. That option didn't work well on the Droid X, so I imagine the X2 may not like it either. Just either use the app to do a normal reboot or shut down and power up again as needed.

Fernley

Reaction score
Thank you... The Fast Reboot doesn't happen unless I manually start it so maybe I'll just avoid that and just do a quick shut down and restart once a day.

I have had the phone for a month and ths far have not had to do a hot restart and so far so good on the phone except for the occasional App that seems to screw things up. Which of course gets uninstalled Immediately.

Anyway... Thanks