Battery Pull w/o removing case?

Magdroid

Reaction score
Is there a way to restart my droid (like a battery pull restart) w/o removing the case? Does the "Power Off" feature mimic a battery pull restart? I am just interested in seeing if it will speed up the droid, but I don't want to decrease the life of my case (it's sturdy right now, and I want it to stay that way). I know a hard reset will wipe the phone, and I am not looking for that. I am just interested in a good / fresh restart.

(I am a former BB user, if you couldn't tell. And I know how much a Battery Pull helped the BB. Was wondering if it did the same for the :motdroidhoriz:).

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
Is there a way to restart my droid (like a battery pull restart) w/o removing the case? Does the "Power Off" feature mimic a battery pull restart? I am just interested in seeing if it will speed up the droid, but I don't want to decrease the life of my case (it's sturdy right now, and I want it to stay that way). I know a hard reset will wipe the phone, and I am not looking for that. I am just interested in a good / fresh restart.

(I am a former BB user, if you couldn't tell. And I know how much a Battery Pull helped the BB. Was wondering if it did the same for the :motdroidhoriz:).

Mag, I've not found a way to do this, not to mention you also have to remove the cover and battery to access the SD Card. This requires that I remove my Hard Cover each time.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Droid - this is not a Blackberry - you won't need a program like QuickPull anymore. Since mid-November when I went from my Storm to my Moto Droid, I have pulled the battery because of lock up's twice and the only other couple of times was to remove the SD card. This is not necessary anymore :icon_ banana:, and you need to de-program yourself :)

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To reboot the phone without doing a battery pull:

1. Open the sliding keyboard
2. Press the Shift, Alt & Del keys simultaneously.

It takes a few seconds, but the phone will reboot.

Reaction score

Wow, that's totally awesome! I didn't know this was possible. Any other neat little tricks like this? :)

pilot25

Reaction score
Welcome to the Droid - this is not a Blackberry - you won't need a program like QuickPull anymore. Since mid-November when I went from my Storm to my Moto Droid, I have pulled the battery because of lock up's twice and the only other couple of times was to remove the SD card. This is not necessary anymore :icon_ banana:, and you need to de-program yourself :)

I've pulled the battery at least a dozen times. Droid is no iPhone

jeff0r3

Reaction score

Awesome Tip.. Thanks for this!!

GrandMasterB

Reaction score

Thats correct. No need to reboot a device that isnt capable of multi-tasking. The Droid is indeed not an iPhone.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thats correct. No need to reboot a device that isnt capable of multi-tasking. The Droid is indeed not an iPhone.
Thankfully it's not an iPhone

bbtkd

Reaction score

Well...yeah, if you needed to do a battery pull on the iPhone you'd be totally screwed...

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well...yeah, if you needed to do a battery pull on the iPhone you'd be totally screwed...

LOL that's true and one of the talking points when I worked at the VZW call center. Non-removable battery on the iPhone. Then we were to talk them into an LG phone instead :)

givmedew

Reaction score

Yeh we know its not the iPhone if was the iPhone it wouldn't run multiple applications at once. Also did you own a gen 1 iPhone LOL doubtful because it sucked when it first came out.

UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES its gonna be a while. Atleast it isnt the storm with a useful update taking almost a year!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeh we know its not the iPhone if was the iPhone it wouldn't run multiple applications at once. Also did you own a gen 1 iPhone LOL doubtful because it sucked when it first came out.

UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES its gonna be a while. Atleast it isnt the storm with a useful update taking almost a year!
I had the Storm until Droid came out.... what update was useful? :icon_ devil: 5.0 = EPIC FAIL

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Technically, this is an inaccurate statement. The the Android is a mutli-tasking OS. What our Droid's are not capable of is a phone call and browsing over 3g at the same time. That's a Verizon network limitation, not an Android limitation.

GrandMasterB

Reaction score

Technically, this is an inaccurate statement. The the Android is a mutli-tasking OS. What our Droid's are not capable of is a phone call and browsing over 3g at the same time. That's a Verizon network limitation, not an Android limitation.

You must be confused because your preaching to the choir here. Maybe you better read it again...