Battery Pull App?

ashkev843

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is an app that will simulate a battery pull, like blackberrys have?

Mayze

Reaction score
You don't need one. Don't let RIM scar you into thinking that all smartphones need a battery pull to run properly.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You don't need one. Don't let RIM scar you into thinking that all smartphones need a battery pull to run properly.

+1 to that. While you might want to test shutting it down every couple of days to see if that helps you out, which i doubt it will. You should not need to do a battery pull.

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
I have to disagree guys..there have been two occasions where my phone would NOT turn on with a full charge unless I did a battery pull..I am going to Verizon tomorrow to get a new Droid...

DroidFan

Reaction score
I've also had a few occasions in the last month where I've need to pull the battery. The email/indicator light flashes green, but there's no way to turn the screen on except to do a battery pull... *fingers crossed* that the 12/11 update will alleviate this... it's not often...just often enough to make it inconvenient.

Mayze

Reaction score
Did you try ctl+alt+del? That will reset your phone if you can't power it of with the power button. I'm sure there are instances where you will need to pull the battery. But if you were a previous BB owner you had to do battery pulls or use reset apps religiously.

There is no need for that for the droid in the same manner that its needed for blackberry's

DroidFan

Reaction score
Did you try ctl+alt+del? That will reset your phone if you can't power it of with the power button. I'm sure there are instances where you will need to pull the battery. But if you were a previous BB owner you had to do battery pulls or use reset apps religiously.

There is no need for that for the droid in the same manner that its needed for blackberry's

No, I haven't tried the ctl+alt+del option on the physical keyboard. Good to know! I'll try that the next time I need to... I was a BB Pearl owner prior to the Droid and SoftReset and I became best friends! (So I didn't need to physically pull the battery)

Thanks for that tip!

Mayze

Reaction score
Its actually shift+alt+del. Hold for about 2 seconds. I forgot the physical keyboard doesn't have a ctl key :redface:

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Battery pulls solve a TON of common problems. That being said, it is far too easy to just slide the battery door off(if it hasn't fallen off all on its own) and pop the battery. My storm and curve were a pita to do that.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Battery pulls solve a TON of common problems. That being said, it is far too easy to just slide the battery door off(if it hasn't fallen off all on its own) and pop the battery. My storm and curve were a pita to do that.

As stated the shift+alt+del will work about 90% of the time you NEED to do a battery pull. Alot of the times it's just a hung up program that's causing the problem. While there are legit times you need to do a battery pull, most just don't know about the reset keys. (welcome to the not having a decent handbook when you buy it ;))

Foxnutz

Reaction score