battery just fried!

squish72

Reaction score
Woke up in the middle of the night just now and looked at my phone to see what time it was and the whole phone was hot as hell so I unplugged it (was charging it) and did a battery pull after the both cooled off I replaced it and noticed it wouldn't turn on, I plugged the charger back in and it fired right up. The battery symbol shows the lightning thing showing the charger is plugged in but its not animated to show its charging the battery says its at 5% had it plugged in now for 30+ minutes :( I don't know what caused this?? Updated to 2.1 two days ago haven't downloaded anything since. Will vzw give me a new batt?

Twoo

Reaction score
Do not stick the battery back in the phone! Some batteries have flaws and will overheat/overcharge/bubble. Go to VZW, tell them what happened and they'll replace the battery under the phone warranty.

OP
S

squish72

Reaction score
Called vzw they are sending me a replacement. After being hooked up to the charger for a while I finally took a charge. I can't understand what would have caused it to do that????

Silver Member
Reaction score
are you using the oem charger or an aftermarket one?

OP
S

squish72

Reaction score
Oem charger. It acted like I was on a call using the internet and using the gps all at the same time it was so hot but nothing was running I didn't look too much just wanted to get the batt out of my phone asap. And why would the batt be dead it was plugged in for three or four hours and it should have used the chargers power if something was running

Last edited: