Battery % in 20's

ss13

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted or not, but I seem to get battery % updates in increments of 20, rather than 10, in the top bar. (100, 80, 60, 40).

alm0614

Reaction score
The droid system only updates the battery at

100 80 60 40 20 10 0

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Dark Edge supports the 10% increments on the battery.

Sent from my Droid

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

On Froyo? Would be interested to see how that was accomplished with no source ... I had 10% in Eclair/2.1, but AFIK impossible in Froyo ...

brad r

Reaction score
The Battery Indicator app that I use seems to have no problem with 10% increments on Froyo. It also goes to 5% increments when under 20%.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Sent from my Droid

On Froyo? Would be interested to see how that was accomplished with no source ... I had 10% in Eclair/2.1, but AFIK impossible in Froyo ...

Dang sorry.....I didn't notice this was in your section. I was on my Droid and thought this was the general discussion area...

Apologies

medicTHREE

Reaction score
The battery guage widget updates in 10% increments running every version of froyo I've tried

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
As Chevyno1 mentioned there is no source yet for Froyo so you can not get 10% increments in the notification bar.

As for battery apps or widget they read things differently which is why they can get the 10% increments. So until source is out I highly doubt you'll see the icon for battery use display in 10% increments.

mkraffert

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

But there are png files in framework-res.apk for 5%, 15%, 30%, 50%, 70% and 90%. The only reason I know that is I was going to change my status bar battery icon and saw them. Of course, I can't remember now, (story of my life lately), but maybe I had already applied the Blue Energy theme and they came from there.

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

But there are png files in framework-res.apk for 5%, 15%, 30%, 50%, 70% and 90%. The only reason I know that is I was going to change my status bar battery icon and saw them. Of course, I can't remember now, (story of my life lately), but maybe I had already applied the Blue Energy theme and they came from there.

In the bone-stock framework I have, they are not there - keep in mind anyone can PLACE them in there - but if the code doesn't reference them, it's just wasted space.

mkraffert

Reaction score
In the bone-stock framework I have, they are not there - keep in mind anyone can PLACE them in there - but if the code doesn't reference them, it's just wasted space.

It was probably the Blue Energy theme that added them then. I know he has a version of that theme for Cyanogen and probably just left them in there for the BB version, which works well on SS 4.1.

Shebang

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

I believe JRummy's Kangerade V1.1 (FRF57 Base) includes this ability. Maybe you should contact him and see how he did it.

mkw87

Reaction score
Kamgerade has 10% increments. Also, juice plotter calcs 10% on your latest Chevy, so the limitation is prob in the batt monitor widget not an os limitation.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Fault

Reaction score
Battery Status pro can do this, anyway to build off that?