Battery Help!!

ericejs15

Reaction score
Okay, so i had this phone for a couple weeks now and at first battery life was great. however, i recently needed to do a factory restart due to some restart issues.... the restart in the end fixed that problem.

Now the issue is battery. I have not used the thing all day (couple texts, had the screen on for only 25 mins) and battery is already down to 60% after about 6 hours of doing nothing! SO i download spare parts and notice something wierd. when i go into network usage the bar for media is huge!!! the next closest bar is facebook and android market and they arent even close, media takes up the whole screen. So after a little digging i see that media has received 8504300 bytes and the packages using it are DRM Protectd content storage, download manager, galley, media storage, media sync, OMA download and a couple Motorola ones.

Question is what is this! and how do i stop it!? it looks to me that they aren't actually applications but something in the system that is running and syncing media at all times when I don't need it to. Does anyone know how to get rid of these processes? Or how to at least make them not use so much data during a given day!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Is there a particular app that you downloaded after the factory reset for music or media? Possibly delete app if one was downloaded or another factory reset...

Can you locate the app / process in your manage applications (phone settings, applications, manage application, select all or running) area to force stop it?

An app called "autostarts" will stop processes from starting - I haven't used it myself but it would be an option to stop the process from starting.

OP
E

ericejs15

Reaction score
hmm... well i did download an audio manager widget and stil have it under applications. I went ahead and deleted it to see if anything happened. I also downloaded the app sync my pix, but that isnt listed under running and i dont have it set to auto sync so i dont believe thats it.

This is very frustrating, something is definitely running while my phone is asleep since the battery is down and i have barely touched it

memnv

Reaction score
Do you have a task manager on your phone " I had Advanced Task Killer", if you do remove it, I had one and noticed it kept opening programs, since I removed it my battery life is much better