Battery Help

ericstal

Reaction score
View attachment 53093

Ok, I'm new to android completely (came over from the iPhone). I'm having trouble with my battery life on the Galaxy s3. I've done all the typical battery saving options, but still cannot make it more than a day without charging. I've seen some people post screen shots of their battery screen, and I haven't seen anyone with numbers like what I have (see pic). First, why is the Gallery app taking up so much battery life? Any ideas?

jamjr74

Reaction score
That's pretty much the expected battery life of the s3! You can use battery saving mode under options if u haven't tried that yet. Remember compared to the iPhone the s3 is gonna drain more battery. Bigger screen and faster processor. I get about 13-20 hrs depending on my daily usage.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Please allow me to interject. It appears you had dramatic battery loss for half of the time shown then a period of charging followed by another dramatic loss, and at the time you took this shot you were charging again. It's difficult to determine what time was spent actually on battery power and what time was spent while charging.

Please run the charging phase until the phone indicates it is fully charged (100%), then run it on battery power only for the remainder of the day until the phone shows the "Low battery" warning. Then take a shot of the battery usage page.

You may also benefit from installing Battery Monitor Widget BEFORE you charge, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsinib.batterymonitor&feature=search_result, and then once you have charged, discharged and are sending shots of the battery usage from Android, also send shots from Battery Monitor Widget (pull down the Status bar, click on the battery status).