Battery got slightly wet(not the droid itself)

Natolx

Reaction score
So when I put the battery in the phone doesn't like it and turns off. Any way to "trick" the battery into working again?

Edit: Nevermind, ripping off the sticker and gluing on a white piece of paper worked perfectly :D

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Was it still wet when you put it back in? Can you give us a brief story of what exactly happened...? I'll go pop some popcorn. [Not making fun of you, it's just easier to figure out what the issue is if there's a complete picture of the situation...I've got some experience with wet phones/batteries, though not my Droid. Thank God...]

OP
N

Natolx

Reaction score
Water dripped from the ceiling(first time heavy rain in a new rental house) onto my bedside table, traveled to the end of the table where my phone was, and capillaried up into the battery compartment and into the battery. I inspected the inside of the compartment and only the battery got wet from what I could tell and the sticker on the battery was red. The phones sticker was fine and it turned on perfectly when plugged in without the battery.

I tore the sticker off the battery, blew some compressed air into the hole and some water was slowly bubbling out the top seams of the battery Did this until the battery stopped bubbling, tried it in the phone and it didn't work. Replaced the sticker with a white piece of paper and then it worked fine.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Water dripped from the ceiling(first time heavy rain in a new rental house) onto my bedside table, traveled to the end of the table where my phone was, and capillaried up into the battery compartment and into the battery. I inspected the inside of the compartment and only the battery got wet from what I could tell and the sticker on the battery was red. The phones sticker was fine and it turned on perfectly when plugged in without the battery.

I tore the sticker off the battery, blew some compressed air into the hole and some water was slowly bubbling out the top seams of the battery Did this until the battery stopped bubbling, tried it in the phone and it didn't work. Replaced the sticker with a white piece of paper and then it worked fine.

I tip my hat to you! Nice work. I was gonna suggest the old "put it in a bag of rice at least overnight so the rice absorbs the water out," but you found a manly way of doing it!:icon_ banana: