Battery drain on anything cyanogen

brownpm85

Reaction score
I really enjoy JRummy's Cyanogen remix, but I find myself always going back to Bugless Beast because of the battery drain in Cyanogen. I've read that most of the battery issues with Cyanogen are fixed so should I try Jrummy's V 0.8 or does the Rom still kill the battery pretty quickly.

vmann32

Reaction score
I seem to be fine.The only issue I ever had was a bug with the % sign on the battery when I removed the clock.I think that is fixed with this v08 remix as all that (clock,not bar etc) are customizable in spare parts.I am a moderate droid user and in the evening I still sit at 70% or there about.But this rom is great also the add ons and scripts, I think it is the best I have tried.Hope that helps ya.

Tesler32

Reaction score
I didnt know about the Batt% and the Clock so I turned both off and this will be my first day with those off. So far my phone has been off the charger for 3hrs and my battery is at 70% so that didnt really seem to help if this donest get any better im gonna have to try another rom. I might try bb since i hear a lot about it.

vmann32

Reaction score
The 08 nex rom is not very battery friendly for me (I wish it was).The stock theme runs good on battery on stock I am off the charger lite use for 5 hours and I am at 90 still.With nex I was at 80 or even 70 after 5 hours yesterday.I use the % sign all the time now.

mkw87

Reaction score
I have found battery life between the latest CM and BB to be about the same, I actually got slightly longer days out of CM. I just put 0.8 JRummy on yesterday, and though it scores HALF of what BB did in quadrant the touches JRummy put on it like the custom keyboard and custom font are what is currently making me stay. Also, even though the quadrant score is lower, it still is snappy and fast.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DFEKT

Reaction score
There was already a thread on here about this. I had the same problem install new kernels untill you find one you like. I use the 1g p3 kernel and it has improved my bat life a good bit

mkw87

Reaction score
There was already a thread on here about this. I had the same problem install new kernels untill you find one you like. I use the 1g p3 kernel and it has improved my bat life a good bit

I am using jd's 1ghz atm an it is doing pretty good for battery life. I may try p3's next.

jason w.s.

Reaction score
Battery has been suckin for me on 0.8. I think im gonna have to go back to BB. I dont know what else to do

Reneg4d3

Reaction score
I am running N8 & JRummy Remix V0.8 and I left mine unplugged all last night while I slept. I got about 9 hours of sleep. My phone was at 90% this morning.

However, this is being idle.

jaxjaggywires

Reaction score
On the Kangerade ROM, it's been off the charger for almost 5 hours, with normal use, and it hasn't even gone to 90% yet on the meter...with older ROM/factory, it would be around 80% (maybe even 70%) right now with the same usage.