Battery Charge and Signal Strength Issues after ICS

duxdad

Reaction score
Shortly after upgrading to ICS I noticed my battery will not charge beyond 40%, tried different chargers and outlet. Also noticed my at home 4 - 5 bars of signal is now 1 - 2 bars. I have tried the power button/volume reset, still the same.
Ideas?
Thanks

OP
D

duxdad

Reaction score
Being replaced

I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Moto, did factory reset etc. They decided it was defective and authorized a return and repair. I went with Verizon and they are Fedexing a replacement to arrive tomorrow. They said ICS will be on the replacement phone.
No idea if this was ICS related or not. Be interesting to see he signal strength on replacement phone.
D

outsid0r

Reaction score
I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Moto, did factory reset etc. They decided it was defective and authorized a return and repair. I went with Verizon and they are Fedexing a replacement to arrive tomorrow. They said ICS will be on the replacement phone.
No idea if this was ICS related or not. Be interesting to see he signal strength on replacement phone.
D
i just recieved a replacement from verizon yesterday and ICS was not on. you may want to do like me and fastboot it to ics prior to anything(besides charging it as my battery was DEAD)

OP
D

duxdad

Reaction score
Replacement

I received my replacement overnite fron Verizon. The battery was deader than dead but after a charge it was good to go. ICS was installed. The signal strength was also back to 4 - 5 bars. Today I see another thread on battery will not charge after ICS. Wondering if this is an issue?
Moto deemed the phone needed to be replaced/repaired but their week or so turnaround vs Verizon's overnite, went with overnite:)
Will be keeping an eye to see if others have this problem.
Thanks

artkidcliff

Reaction score
i have had the same problem minus battery issues. just a two bar instead of full bars. i may be paranoid, but i swear verizon just hates me getting good data speeds. my theory is that the 4g network (which i havent recieved in my area) is able to handle the extra traffic and they are comphensating by screwing over high data users. 'network optimization' my eye.