Basic Battery Question

Kevdog2834

Reaction score
Is the battery in the Motorola Droid the same as in the HTC Droid?

Found this cheap car charger but it says its for the HTC Droid. Want to make sure it is ok.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Battery is different in each device.

A word of caution though with chargers. Only use the oem Wall Charger on your Droid. The charger you posted will be fine while charging in your car but DO NOT use it as a wall charger.

A lot of issues with using non-oem wall chargers.

OP
Kevdog2834

Kevdog2834

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response.

It was the price that caught my eye. I was not planning on using the wall charger but might have used it randomly if you did not let me know the truth about it. I will purchase this just as a car charger on your recommendation. Thank you.

hbar

Reaction score
Verizon told me the same car and wall chargers (Verizon brand) I used for my Storm are safe to use on my Droid. So far, so good. I gave the Droid charger to my DIL when I gave her the Storm. The Storm charger came with various international adapter plugs that are interchangeable on the unit, which is very useful to me.

PatG

Reaction score
My daughter has an LG Env2 with a Micro USB charger. Has anyone tried that one on the Droid?

medicTHREE

Reaction score
My daughter has an LG Env2 with a Micro USB charger. Has anyone tried that one on the Droid?

Should work just fine. it will provide 5 volts, as all micro usb chargers do. The problem lies with crappy imported adapters with no name. I wouldn't fear ALL adapters, just the stupid cheap knock offs.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was pleased to see in one reguard that in order to be "cheaper" that they went to a plug type transformer for the wall charger with a USB port on it. Now your data cable doubles up as the wall charger cable as well.

Coming from a moto V9, I have a couple of spare moto mini usb chargers, and I fould them to work fine as well. Definatly wouldn't go with no name for this thing.