Bad Tech Rep in store?

rda990

Reaction score
My Droid has a couple of issues ( Screen is a little loose when closed,headphone jack is also loose and was skipping some songs one day, touchscreen would think i pressed somewhere i did not,and the back light goes out and the phone stays on for about a minute until it shuts off ). I bought it online so i thought i could only send it back through mail but since im within my 30 days the CS on the phone said i could go to the store and they will give me a brand new one (not refub or anything).So i went to the store and the Flextronics (-_-) guy explained to me that the "wobbling" screen is like that and that the headphone jack did not skip any music while he was playing it (even though it still wobbles). So I didn't care about those really so i told him about when the phone thought i pressed somewhere i didn't (which happened for about a minute) and he said the screen was fine while he was testing it.Also the back light never turned off so he said that the "Manufacture" "Requires" for the problem to happen in the store?? Im sure it will still happen but since its not happening in the "store" im lying?? Was he just a bad rep or does he really have to see it happen? 30 Days Satisfaction Guaranteed my _ _ _.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Go to another store....Or ask for a Manager....

lockman

Reaction score
Bought this phone from Best Buy mainly because of the clowns Flextronics supplies the stores in my area with. At least now I'm not tied to them for anything, plus BB's warranty is better.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Bought this phone from Best Buy mainly because of the clowns Flextronics supplies the stores in my area with. At least now I'm not tied to them for anything, plus BB's warranty is better.

What's that have to do with the OP's question?

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
Go to another store....Or ask for a Manager....

Ill try that this weekend mabey and i was thinking about that but what if the manager also pulled that "It has to happen in store" BS?

Yeah now I know why people hate on them -_-

What's that have to do with the OP's question?

He was just saying how the Flextronics people are a pain in the ass.

heavyMGS

Reaction score
rda990, go to a Direct store. You went to an In-Direct store who would not be able to help you anyways. Or.....since you bought ur phone online, call CS back and make sure you tell them that. Go throught the trouble shooting with the customer care rep (be nice and patient), you will then get to talk to somebody in tech support and they will help you. Make sure you tell them you are inside of your WFG period.

Last edited:
OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
rda990, go to a Direct store. You went to an In-Direct store who would not be able to help you anyways. Or.....since you bought ur phone online, call CS back and make sure you tell them that. Go throught the trouble shooting with the customer care rep (be nice and patient), you will then get to talk to somebody in tech support and they will help you. Make sure you tell them you are inside of your WFG period.

It was a direct store? (Or was it? Im pretty sure it was) and I don't think he cared that i bought it online he was just "testing" the phone but since the things I said that was happening didn't happen to him he just gave it back -_-. Thanks ill try that tonight.

Now what the freak is Flextronics?

Flextronics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Flextronics International Ltd. (Flextronics) is an electronics manufacturing services provider that offers services to original equipment manufacturers (OEM). It also provides supporting supply chain services, including packaging and transportation throughout the world, as well as design and after-sales.

heavyMGS

Reaction score
rda990, I'm pretty sure that store would be an indirect store, u can call customer care and they will tell you. Do they only sell VZW phones or no? If they sell other carriers phones as well then its an Indirect Store. Customer Care can also point you to Direct Stores close to you. And if you do call Customer Care just be patient, somebody should be able to help you : ) trust me.

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
rda990, I'm pretty sure that store would be an indirect store, u can call customer care and they will tell you. Do they only sell VZW phones or no? If they sell other carriers phones as well then its an Indirect Store. Customer Care can also point you to Direct Stores close to you. And if you do call Customer Care just be patient, somebody should be able to help you : ) trust me.

Yeah then it is a direct store,only VZW phones/service and like I said I did call CS before going to the store and he was friendly and pointed that store out (which is the store I always go to...) and said they would help. Only thing I can do now is call Tech CS or go in that same store speak with manager/go in while that guy doesn't work.

L

legion

Rda, I am a retail sales rep at a direct/corporate store so maybe I can shed some light on the situation. That was a direct store you were at, I can say that with certainty. Yes, he DOES have to replicate the issue in the store, thats not him being a dick, that's the policy that Flextronics, which is technically his employer, makes him go by.

As far as the wobbly screen? That would be my single biggest pet peeve about the droid. My droid does it, your droid does it, the thousands of droids I have sold do it. It is a sad, frustrating, and omnipresent quirk. You could exchange a thousand droids, and they'd all have that slight wobble when pushing down on the bottom portion. Sorry but thats how it is.

The headphone jack? Huh, I dunno, I use BT Stereo, but I have seen ports of every kind be slightly loose on many devices. I guess the important thing is is it coming/falling apart? If yes then you have a legitimate issue.

If the screen is responding incorrectly that is a definite problem that should be corrected. But again, remember the Bs policy the employee must follow. HE MUST replicate, or no dice.

But don't worry, all you gotta do is just make a fuss next time without being outta control and once you get a manager involved especially if its within 30 days you should have ZERO problem getting it exchanged, just don't take no for an answer if you truly have a serious defect. :icon_ devil:

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
Rda, I am a retail sales rep at a direct/corporate store so maybe I can shed some light on the situation. That was a direct store you were at, I can say that with certainty. Yes, he DOES have to replicate the issue in the store, thats not him being a dick, that's the policy that Flextronics, which is technically his employer, makes him go by.

As far as the wobbly screen? That would be my single biggest pet peeve about the droid. My droid does it, your droid does it, the thousands of droids I have sold do it. It is a sad, frustrating, and omnipresent quirk. You could exchange a thousand droids, and they'd all have that slight wobble when pushing down on the bottom portion. Sorry but thats how it is.

The headphone jack? Huh, I dunno, I use BT Stereo, but I have seen ports of every kind be slightly loose on many devices. I guess the important thing is is it coming/falling apart? If yes then you have a legitimate issue.

If the screen is responding incorrectly that is a definite problem that should be corrected. But again, remember the Bs policy the employee must follow. HE MUST replicate, or no dice.

But don't worry, all you gotta do is just make a fuss next time without being outta control and once you get a manager involved especially if its within 30 days you should have ZERO problem getting it exchanged, just don't take no for an answer if you truly have a serious defect. :icon_ devil:

Hmm...I didn't know that you guys had to replicate it...on these forums it seems like if you're in the 30 Days its kind of like a walk in no questions asked thing (except you saying what the problem is and stuff). The wobbling screen I didn't worry much since i was in line i checked out the other droids and tested them out and they did wobble a bit. I have loss some audio/skipping in the song while listening to it and since the first thing i noticed was the "loose" jack i assumed it was that. But that still doesn't explain the other 2 problems with the screen. So just because it only happens about 5 Minutes in a 24 hour day and its not while im in the store and the Tech Rep can't see it they can't do anything about it?

L

legion

I guess I should clarify. Yes, if you are within your 30 days, they should exchange with no questions asked. I was assuming you were out of the 30. One thing that would definitely help would be I think you are simply going to the wrong side of the store. Sounds like you were in the tech service side of the store dealing with a Flextronics Technician. You need to go over the sales/customer service side of the store and speak with an salesrep/csservicerep/manger and simply say you want to exchange it and you are within 30 days. If they wont call customer service and CS will set em straight. :motdroidhoriz::icon_ banana::motdroidhoriz: