backing up pictures to/with the Droid

Stormwing

Reaction score
This might be a bit of an odd dilemma, but is there any way I could back up photos from my camera with the Droid? I was going to move things between SD cards through the Droid and I only just realized you can't write files to the internal memory w/o a PC (as far as I know). I want to be able to take it on vacation without having to buy and bring a notebook.

Short of swapping one microSD between all my devices I can't think of anything.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Not sure about the droid, but the wife uses one of these to store pictures off camera in the field...

OP
S

Stormwing

Reaction score
Yeah I've looked at those but the issue is that I would like to be able to send/upload/manipulate them on the go, and I'd need a pc to read from that drive anyway.

JayMonster

Reaction score
If the camera is bluetooth enabled, you may be able to do it, but it will be a painful process under the best of conditions... if it works at all. If you really want to keep your pictures safe, something like backnblack linked to would be a better choice. Or of course you could just buy a few more SD Cards and swap 'em out rather than having to keep clearing a card.

OP
S

Stormwing

Reaction score
Unfortunately no, my camera doesn't have bluetooth. Its not so much a matter of keeping things safe but rather being able to use those photos in different ways rather than just having them stay on the camera.

OP
S

Stormwing

Reaction score
I checked that out too, pretty awesome....but I was hoping to basically skip any internet or computer use and be able to access stuff on the phone. What if there's no router? What if I don't want to put EVERYthing online? I read that there's software that allows WinMo devices to work with Eye-fi, but there's no support for anything else yet.

I know I'm being really picky but at the same time it seems unnecessarily difficult to just put some pics on your phone.