Backing up Droid contacts to my PC ?

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Can it simply be done by connecting with the USB-mini USB? I am not sure how to do this. Then, if something drastic happened and I need to reverse the process, how would that be done?

Any help is appreciated.

gnxtra87

Reaction score
It should back up automatically if you have a gmail account it sends them to your on line account at gmail.

sir

Reaction score
i thought the contacts were auto-synced to Google, so in the event of an issue you can pull the contacts down from Google and be up and running?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
if you want to just click on contacts and then hit menu and import export, then export your contact list, and you can copy the file to your computer.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
if you want to just click on contacts and then hit menu and import export, then export your contact list, and you can copy the file to your computer.
That is what I was wondering.

I was not aware of what gnxtra87 and sir referenced. I guess I left out the most important part, then. I took my old phone in to Best Buy and they transferred that info into the Droid. I just checked my account online at Gmail and it does not show them.

How can I get them backed up or transferred to the account or update my account? With the import/export, will that function mean you are transferring to a card or HD and not to the account?

Sorry for the lack of info provided.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
TxDoc,
If you have a Google Account, especially if you use Gmail as your primary email, under Settings>Accounts make sure Google is turned ON and Contacts Calendar and Gmail are also all checked.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thanks unix.punkx. After I enabled them, the contacts that are on my Droid (which were transfered from my old phone) do not show up on my gmail account thru my pc. I must either not be describing the situation correctly or not understanding.

Alyssa01

Reaction score
Yupp, this is vary simple one. You can easily make up the contacts back up and transfer it with via Bluetooth or usb. Method is go to your contacts press menu and select location of it and then start up this. Depending upon your phone specifications and no of contacts, your back up will made.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure your sync is turned on. You can also manually push a sync. As long as contacts is selected, your contacts will sync with Google.

Go to Settings/Google then select your email account. Then ensure the box next to " Sync Contacts" is checked.

JaydenMichael

Reaction score
Well, just for safety's sake,I suggest you to use an andriod file manager. Things would be very easy once you use an app to help, and I always use Amacsoft Andriod Manager to help me to transfer contacts from andriod phone to computer. Have a try, good luck!

Jejunasea

Reaction score
Backup is really an important thing for us, especially for the contacts on our Android phone! So if you want to backup Android contacts to pc, i'd like to give you an advice here, that is, iPubsoft Android Desktop Manager, which i just used! Wish it will offer help! :happy3:

ananDay

Reaction score
If you need to back up Android phone contacts to PC,I have a method for your reference,I suggest you use some software to back up your Android phone contacts to computer,a professional software,Not only can you quickly backup Android phone contacts to PC,but also can save a lot of trouble,sun as iStonsoft Android File Manager
Follow these steps to Copy Android phone contacts to PC
Step 1. Download and run the software on Windows computer
Step 2. Connect Android phone to Computer
Step 3. Hit "Contacts" to transfer contents from Android phone to computer
Step 4. Hit "Backup" button to export contacts from Android to Computer
Step 5. Restore the exported contacts from Android phone to PC

This a guide : How to Backup/Transfer Android phone contacts to PC/Computer

Mireously

Reaction score
If you're Samsung phone, I suggest you try Samsung kies, or Google Gmail account to transfer contacts to computer.

Last edited:

gunetel

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3
Contacts -> Export as vCard-> Connect phone to computer, then past the vCard file

Loie

Reaction score
Can it simply be done by connecting with the USB-mini USB? I am not sure how to do this. Then, if something drastic happened and I need to reverse the process, how would that be done?

Any help is appreciated.
I think a backup tool is more helpful. Download one.