Back to root..

spazma7ik

Reaction score
With all these rumors of the underwhelming 2.1 and possible delay, I'm just going to root again, I was excited about 2.1, hence why I unrooted, but now not so much, especially after not having overclock anymore. Though I do prefer the battery life not OC'ing, but oh well.

Plus, if I want the 2.1 update, all i'd have to do is unroot and check for updates, right?

jonaadd_91

Reaction score
i just rooted my droid on sunday and now idk if i should unroot or not. i guess i'll just wait and see if they release the update this week or not

zz500

Reaction score
I thought I read in one of the hundreds of other root threads that you could still receive the OTA when rooted... just not if you install a custom rom.

I stand corrected if wrong.

PS is rooting considered a hack? If so, maybe we could get all these type of threads in that forum and concentrate more on the Megan Fox type threads lol. j/k

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im not going back to stock unless I have to turn my phone into vzw. Rooting is the way to go. If you are not rooting you do not know what you are missing. Unless 2.1 comes with adobe flash as part of the install (which we know will not happen) then I will just keep moving along nothing for me to see there. :icon_ lala:

zz500

Reaction score
I am soooo tired or this 2.1 on/off update bulljive that I've decided I will root my beloved droid tomorrow. Update? We don't need no stinkin' update. Root on droiders

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am soooo tired or this 2.1 on/off update bulljive that I've decided I will root my beloved droid tomorrow. Update? We don't need no stinkin' update. Root on droiders
:clap:

good decision you will not regret it. For people who rooted, they can tell you it will take your mind off updating. Rooted droids can care less about updating. All I want from 2.1 is flash and live wall papers and 2.1 for droid is getting neither.
Have you decided Sholes or Bugless Beast yet.

zz500

Reaction score

good decision you will not regret it. For people who rooted, they can tell you it will take your mind off updating. Rooted droids can care less about updating. All I want from 2.1 is flash and live wall papers and 2.1 for droid is getting neither.

Honestly, I'm confused with all the sholes, bugless bagels, wired donuts, rotton tomato roms.. etc. etc. there are so many of them out there it seems.
Are they all different? Is the sholesmod updater on the market the best one to start with? (and the easiest to install?)

OP
S

spazma7ik

Reaction score

Honestly, I'm confused with all the sholes, bugless bagels, wired donuts, rotton tomato roms.. etc. etc. there are so many of them out there it seems.
Are they all different? Is the sholesmod updater on the market the best one to start with? (and the easiest to install?)

By far the easiest, and awesome too.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Im running sholesmod because its easier to install and easier to update here are some pics.
moz-screenshot.png
snap20100209_160217.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
snap20100209_203930.png

zz500

Reaction score
Right on, thanks man. I'm leaning towards the sholes because after researching, that one seems to be the safest one to move forward with. I'm sure it will be five bucks well spent.

I'm going to wait till tomorrow when I have some regenerated brain cells however... lol

mike_kauble

Reaction score
Right on, thanks man. I'm leaning towards the sholes because after researching, that one seems to be the safest one to move forward with. I'm sure it will be five bucks well spent.

I'm going to wait till tomorrow when I have some regenerated brain cells however... lol
TBH, I don't remember what ROM I'm running. It's a basic 2.1 with the 800mhz OC tacked on.

Runs great. I don't need the update, and I may not take it depending on what it is like. Back-ups are the key though.

jozhua

Reaction score

lol@bugless bagels. That is awesome