Back to Blackberry

cgaliffi

Reaction score
I just wanted to let you all know I made the switch back to the Blackberry fold. I exchanged my Droid for the Storm2 just before my 30 days was up. The Droid is an excellent device but ultimately not for me. The S2 was going to be my original choice before the Droid came along and I'm happy I made the switch back. I didn't realize how much I missed the BB world until I left. Sometimes that's how it is. Anyways, nothing negative to say about the Droid here except "Thanks" for the info, tips, etc... on this excellent site.:clap: If I come across any Droid owners in my travels, I will definitely direct them here. I wish you all the best with your Droids.:)

boatman2220

Reaction score
I was happy with the Storm, saw the Droid, when I went in thinking about the Storm 2. I can't knock anyone's personal choice. The Storm was a workhorse for me. The Droid is my racehorse.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Good luck cgaliff. Short stay, but it was a pleasure to have you here.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice to see someone who decided the Droid wasn't for them not bashing it. Enjoy your Storm2... you've got the right idea because ultimately your phone should be what YOU want.

OP
cgaliffi

cgaliffi

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what made you switch?

I think ultimately it was that I missed blackberry more than I loved the Droid. While I had the Droid I was always thinking about making the switch back. Now that I have made the switch I have no second thoughts about going back to the Droid. I love my S2 and couldn't be more content. I guess I'm just a die hard blackberry lover. This is my 4th one! :D

Take care and enjoy your Droid. As I said in my Op it's a great device but it was not for me. I just needed to try something new to realize where I belong.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think ultimately it was that I missed blackberry more than I loved the Droid. While I had the Droid I was always thinking about making the switch back. Now that I have made the switch I have no second thoughts about going back to the Droid. I love my S2 and couldn't be more content. I guess I'm just a die hard blackberry lover. This is my 4th one! :D

Take care and enjoy your Droid. As I said in my Op it's a great device but it was not for me. I just needed to try something new to realize where I belong.

Totally understandable. Specially if you've been with Blackberry a long time. Good luck with the S2, hopefully you'll get a better on then the first two I had (problems with blackberry button and escape button.)

I sincerely felt that the S2 was a major improvement of the original Storm. Browser is even faster and the 5.0 OS works better on the S2 then it did on the S1.

Good luck.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Enjoy the S2 and the bb world. Remeber if you don't already. Check out blackberryos.com. They are great over there. Feel free to stop by and say hello. Others from there do as well

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Yeap,

a saying is proved here: CHECK YOUR NEEDS!

If you need FULL Outlook support, a DROID is not fitting.
If you need Great 3D games, a blackberry is not fitting

and so on!

I hope you remember us and stop by sometimes ;)

Tigger

Mojo

Reaction score
Well glad your back in a blackberry if that is what you prefer. Good luck to ya. And I second checking out bbos!

dtboos

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of BB's for what they are: Workhorse smartphones. I've owned a large amount of smartphones and as a "phone" and as a very "efficient messaging system" its still the most satisfying to use for business purposes. Its much faster for me to do quick functions from simple ending a call to replying quickly to an email.....well quickly and accurately. A real key keyboard like on my Bold is much faster than any virtual keyboard with less mistakes and corrections. Much easier to one hand a BB as well.

Thats why I have both :D Android for all the stuff BB can't do, and BB as my main work phone.

Million

Reaction score
Why bump this from last year???

And why do people post that theyre leaving and going somewhere else?? If Android is not for you and Blackberry is , then go to Blackberry!! No need to tell everyone.

dtboos

Reaction score
Why reply to something that bothers you so much??? Last year was one month ago, and obviously wasn't far down the forums. I didn't look at the date nor do I care. Actually, forum use is needed to keep it alive so don't read it if you don't want.

misaac

Reaction score
Why reply to something that bothers you so much??? Last year was one month ago, and obviously wasn't far down the forums. I didn't look at the date nor do I care. Actually, forum use is needed to keep it alive so don't read it if you don't want.

I agree! You saw the subject, you didn't need to read it!

Anyway, I've considered going back to my Curve as well. If it weren't for the video quality on the Droid I'd go back to my BB.