back to 2.01

chadwick02

Reaction score
ok, so ive never rooted my phone, but now i want to since 2.1 sucks, and theres nothing really new about it. I did the manual update to 2.1 by placing the update file in my root folder of the sd card, and i am currently running 2.1. How on earth do i get back to 2.01 if possible and is there any way to do it without risking messing up my phone? thanks

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok, so ive never rooted my phone, but now i want to since 2.1 sucks, and theres nothing really new about it. I did the manual update to 2.1 by placing the update file in my root folder of the sd card, and i am currently running 2.1. How on earth do i get back to 2.01 if possible and is there any way to do it without risking messing up my phone? thanks

Welcome to the forum, chadwick02. There's a way to go back to 2.0.1 and root, but be a little patient. I have it on good authority that rooting 2.1 is right around the corner. Your choice, but I'd hang on for a couple of days and see what happens... Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

OP
C

chadwick02

Reaction score
haha, wow that was a quick response..i like it..lol.. well i'd really like to get ultimate droid 9.8 up and running on my droid..but would you suggest to wait? or is it easy to put it back to 2.01 stock and then root from there and get ultimate droid up

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
haha, wow that was a quick response..i like it..lol.. well i'd really like to get ultimate droid 9.8 up and running on my droid..but would you suggest to wait? or is it easy to put it back to 2.01 stock and then root from there and get ultimate droid up

Oh, we have folks that can help you with that. Is that what you want to do? Tonight?:shocked:

VolDroid

Reaction score
I was thinking about rooting mine tonight also. I'm getting a bit jealous of all the over clocking and things you can do with a rooted Droid. The only reason I really was waiting for the 2.1 was for pinch to zoom and worried about losing Warranty on my phone. If they are getting close to being able to root 2.1 then I might wait, if it's going to be awhile then I want to go ahead and root mine.

OP
C

chadwick02

Reaction score
yea, id def like to do that..time for some new features for me..lol

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
if you've got the 2.1 OTA you will have to flash the sbf with rsd lite, root, then can flash 2.1. There's a guide for doing this in here, will link if you need it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

VolDroid

Reaction score
Could you link the thread please. I found it earlier but don't want to search through endless threads tonight when I get home to do this. Thanks in advance.

OP
C

chadwick02

Reaction score
do we do the first thing even if we arent rooted at the time, and just want to get back to 2.01?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
do we do the first thing even if we arent rooted at the time, and just want to get back to 2.01?

Yes you have to do the first one because 2.1 is not currently rootable. You have to go back to 2.0.1, root then install the modified 2.1

OP
C

chadwick02

Reaction score
oo ok..and does it matter on which one to use, the 32 or 64 bit?

*** scratch that, im an idiot..ok ill give it a whirl..lol

Last edited:
OP
C

chadwick02

Reaction score
ok, well i was looking around because i dont want to mess up my phone, lol..and i came across this.. http://www.7900novadrive.com/v3/file/rsd.pdf

and it says at the end to perform a master reset/master clear at the end, yet in the directions you linked it doesnt say to do that. does it need to be done?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
ok, well i was looking around because i dont want to mess up my phone, lol..and i came across this.. http://www.7900novadrive.com/v3/file/rsd.pdf

and it says at the end to perform a master reset/master clear at the end, yet in the directions you linked it doesnt say to do that. does it need to be done?

I can't read that right now, I'm using my phone, but it'd. Be an extra step really, the sbf takes you to bone stock anyways. But it never hurts to double check by wiping again.

OP
C

chadwick02

Reaction score
ok well i held up on the dpad and it went into the bootloader, and it is showing up on rsd lite, but says n/a for imei/esn/meid..is that ok?

***edit ok well i said screw it and did it anyway, it finished, yet at the end said failed..but when it loaded back up, it had worked and its back to stock 2.01..so im guessing it worked? lol now for the rooting process..

Last edited: