Avoid Having to enter PIN for Voicemail

dbertola

Reaction score
I have trouble seeing my keyboard and can't type on it correctly. How can I set up my motorola droid (verizon) to avoid having to enter a PIN every time I want to pick up my voice mail?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go to Menu > Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail Settings.

Where it says voicemail number, after your phone number, add two commas (,,) and then your PIN followed by the pound sign (#). The commas provide a 1 second pause each, then your PIN will be automatically entered, and then pound (#) is entered. Voila. No more dialing your PIN.

spugemaster

Reaction score
Pause and then pin

Settings > Call settings > Voicemail settings > Add a comma after the voicemail number and then type in your pin. You may want to add additional commas to give your phone more time to connect to the VM. Hope that helps!

OP
D

dbertola

Reaction score
Voicemail Made Easier

This solution works perfectly. Thanks Martin et al .

Now I have to figure out how to put a "Voicemail" icon on my Home screen so I can approximate one-touch dialing. OR, better yet, figure out how to use voice activation - I'm new at this but having a great time figuring things out. Love this form!!

spugemaster

Reaction score
Create a contact for your voice mail. Then click-hold on the home screen and choose shortcut. Choose direct dial and then your voice mail contact.

Alternatively, the voicemail icon shows up in your notifications.