Automatically overclocking & setcpu question?

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
With the automatic overclocking in bb v0.4 do the profile settings in setcpu for when screen is off apply, or is the speed always automatically determined by the rom.

I have also noticed in a few other roms have scripts such as "free50mb" "free100mb" mem, do yours have any such scripts?

Thanks for your time.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With the automatic overclocking in bb v0.4 do the profile settings in setcpu for when screen is off apply, or is the speed always automatically determined by the rom.

I have also noticed in a few other roms have scripts such as "free50mb" "free100mb" mem, do yours have any such scripts?

Thanks for your time.

If you want to run the profiles you need to run Setcpu over the top, otherwise it will be set at your highest kernal slot all the time (on demand scaling of course).

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply, so then how do u run it over top? Im still a newbie to a lot of this stuff.

Does it autoclock regardless of whos kernel it may be? (chevy, p3, jdlfg, etc).

Last edited:

bje1982

Reaction score

Thanks for your time.

If you want to run the profiles you need to run Setcpu over the top, otherwise it will be set at your highest kernal slot all the time (on demand scaling of course).

I thought set cpu would kill itself on petes roms and resort back to his custom overclocking script?

bje1982

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, so then how do u run it over top? Im still a newbie to a lot of this stuff.

Does it autoclock regardless of whos kernel it may be? (chevy, p3, jdlfg, etc).

It auto clocks to the highest available setting no matter the kernal.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[QUOTE

I thought set cpu would kill itself on petes roms and resort back to his custom overclocking script?[/QUOTE]

No. It's the other way around - setcpu kills Pete's script.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bje1982

Reaction score
[QUOTE

I thought set cpu would kill itself on petes roms and resort back to his custom overclocking script?

No. It's the other way around - setcpu kills Pete's script.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Oh im sorry I had BB at one point and could of sworn I saw that posted somewhere.

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Killed

Yes it seems the rom overrides setcpu, i have noticed after a re-boot even with setcpu to "set on boot" it clocks/sets to the highest speed.

bje1982

Reaction score
Yes it seems the rom overrides setcpu, i have noticed after a re-boot even with setcpu to "set on boot" it clocks/sets to the highest speed.

Im pretty sure thats the case I know I read it strait from Pete unless Im losing it.. :) Could someone clear this up with fact please?

nyijedi

Reaction score
I appreciate the work Pete has done with the scripts, but setCPU is a required app for any serious overclocker. The ability to set profiles alone is worth using the app.

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I agree my droid has never ran quicker, smoother & with less hangs, I guess the devil is in the details..lol....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Z

ZeroBarrier

I appreciate the work Pete has done with the scripts, but setCPU is a required app for any serious overclocker. The ability to set profiles alone is worth using the app.

That would be your personal opinion. I and many others love the fact that the ROM does the overclocking for you and you get to save space and memory from not having to install and run another app.

Reaction score
My SetCPU profiles are followed by my BB v.4 Droid. However, I find that it doesn't start immediately when I turn on my Droid, so I open it just to make sure that the CPU speed drops (I run ChevyNo1's 1200 MHz ULV maxed at 1000 through SetCPU). It always drops, and after those first few seconds will never go above 1000 MHz.

Confirmation: SetCPU profiles are followed in BB v.4, except maybe in the first 15 seconds of phone life. Maybe SetCPU doesn't always autostart?