Automatic password entry

1Bob

Reaction score
Is there a way to add my password to *86 on the Droid Incredible for faster message retrievals? I was able to incorporate this on my Eris, but I haven't been able to modify my Incredible.

Last edited:

stravis

Reaction score
Not directly what you're referring to, but have you tried Visual Voice Mail or the Google Voice voice mail? With either of those, you wouldn't have to "call" your voice mail ever again.

OP

1Bob

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll try that.

ndhill1976

Reaction score
No need for that. You have to pay for visual voicemail, and for me google voicemail takes too long to notify you of your messages.

Add *86 to your contacts and call it whatever you want to, like "*86"

Then when you enter the phone number in your contacts, enter " *86,;XXXX ". The XXXX is your voicemail password. It will promt you to enter your password when you dial it, and just hit ok.

If you don't want the promt to enter your password, just replace the " ; " with another coma. The comas are for a pause and two of them give it ample time to pickup before it enters your password.

Last edited:
OP

1Bob

Reaction score
I finally figured it out with 2% smarts and 98% luck.

Go to Settings, Call, Voicemail Settings, Voicemail number, hold and then edit.
Enter *86p(for pause)xxxx and then OK.

Thanks all, for your help.:)

catnjr

Reaction score
Thanks ndhill1976, that finally worked for me. I tried going in to the VM settings and doing it, but it didn't work until I created my OWN contact and called it VM rather than voicemail....that WORKED....thanks a million, I hated not being able to get right to the voicemails without entering my password....you really helped, thanks again.

steelerchick

Reaction score
Thanks!

Great post! I would add two things:

- on the HTC Incredible my "Voicemail settings" option was gray and not selectable until I clicked on "Voicemail service" and chose "My carrier"

- also, don't forget to add a # on to the end of the phone number, otherwise you have to wait for the system to time out before playing the messages. The # gets the ball rolling right away.