Autocorrect + Keyboard Shortcuts... Still Missing?

M.J.H.

Reaction score
Of course, I absolutely love the Droid Pro and will never ever ever think about going back to a Blackberry after owning a device 10x more powerful. I feel like I went from a flip phone to a Blackberry for the first time!

Anyway, there are still a few things that this phone is missing and after doing the 2.2.6 upgrade I really want to find out how I can get these features.

The first is AUTOCORRECT. Why do I type "im" and it does not autocorrect itself to "I'll" which is the most basic of all phone functions.

The second is SHORTCUTS. I used to absolutely love the Quicklaunch application on my Blackberry where I could side press, and then press a letter to get wherever I was trying to get to. I would like some kind of application where all I have to do is hold down the letter "M" for example to launch Memopad, etc.

Any thoughts about either of these?

google123

Reaction score
Autocorrect is lacking on this phone a bit I must agree. For quicklaunch settings go to settings then applications then quicklaunch. You can set a shortcut for the side button as well as all the letters on the keyboard. On the Pro they require pressing/holding search+ letter to launch tho such as search+ G = gmail.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
M

M.J.H.

Reaction score
This is my exact complaint the idea of a shortcut is to save you time.... last time I checked the definition of shortcut ha.... and having to hold the search key while then pressing a letter is even more annoyint than the alternative in my opinion.

How about just press a letter or holding a letter by chance?