Audio Problem

Kdubbjr

Reaction score
While listening to music the audio will suddenly shut off. No sound will comeoout the speaker or headphones even tho the music is stilln playing on the music app. Restarting the music app doesn't work only restarting the phone does.

J. Crit Harley

Reaction score
Lack of audio

I have a similar problem. Several times there will be no audio output (pandora) and the only way to get it back is to reboot (remove/replace the battery). Has happened 4 or 5 times since I got the Droid 3 days ago. Verizon tech had no idea what was going on. Any ideas, suggestions?
J. Crit Harley

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can't use Pandora as a benchmark for music stopping. Pandora's app relies off of a large buffer and a reliable internet connection. My service at work jumps all over the place and frequently Pandora will just stop playing.

If Pandora stops, and you're not sure if you have audio or not, play an MP3.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
You can't use Pandora as a benchmark for music stopping. Pandora's app relies off of a large buffer and a reliable internet connection. My service at work jumps all over the place and frequently Pandora will just stop playing.

If Pandora stops, and you're not sure if you have audio or not, play an MP3.

He's exactly right. Pandora will stop due to any number of network problems, so the only way to make sure it's a phone problem is to play media that is saved on your device.

J. Crit Harley

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on Pandora but I did attempt to play a downloaded ringtone and it did not play either. The built in ringtones did still play. Hasn't happen in the last 24 hours but makes me nervous cause I prefer a downloaded ringtone for my alarm and would hate for the audio to not work and miss getting up.
J. Crit Harley

Doorsteped

Reaction score
music stops randomly

At first my music was working fine, but now if I play a song on the default media player and hit "back" or "home" 10 seconds later the music just stops playing. I used to be able to start a song then play a game with the music in the background, but now I have to leave it on the music player for it to keep working

i just tried it again and it lasted a song and a half before stopping - baterry is almost full

Last edited:

gentlefury

Reaction score
hmmm, the only issue I've had (and this has only happened a couple times) is the music will hiccup and stutter...I have to power cycle to fix it.

Doorsteped

Reaction score
now it's not just the default media player, but anything audio, for ex: if i'm using ringdroid to cut a ringtone out of an audio file, while i'm in the middle of adjusting the start and stop it just backs up to the previous page, and it happens at different times, and when i try to set a ringtone from the contacts menu (not using ringdroid anymore), if i click a ringtone to play it (even the default ringtones) it sometimes backs up to the previous screen randomly