Audio crackle

jonklaus

Reaction score
Hello, all.

I have a question that is really related to the ATT model of the S3. But I have failed to find an answer to this question anywhere else, and figured that it doesn't hurt to ask here.

I have a chronic audio problem with my S3, only when running the oem touchwiz interface. With various other Roms, the audio works perfectly, so it's clearly not a hardware issue. The problem is a crackling sound through the default music player and other audio applications. Third party audio applications work fine, but I would like to be able to use both touchwiz and the default apps if possible.

Thanks!

Jonathan

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Did you change the settings in the equalizer if it has that option? Sometimes settings can be too high which can lead to distortions/crackling. Also volume level can play a role in the crackling sound, the lower the volume the clearer the sound.

OP
J

jonklaus

Reaction score
Thank you, Dezymond.

No, I haven't changed anything in the EQ settings; I have just re-flashed TouchWiz, and everything is as stock. (Also noticed this problem when the phone was brand new.) The problem is also persistent at both low and high volume settings, through headphones and through the device's speaker. Using some third-party music players removes the crackle from music stored on local media. But this workaround means that streaming via Play Music isn't possible, which is a shame.