Audio books on Droid

hartmannkristin

Reaction score
How do I get new (not public domain) audio books onto my Droid? Seems like Mortplayer, Saffire just PLAY books.

mkthnx001

Reaction score
What do you mean "not public domain"? I have a few audiobooks on my device. You just have to place the files somewhere on the sdcard in a format that is able to be played on Android.

OP
H

hartmannkristin

Reaction score
How do you place audio books on the sd card? Books that are public domain are basically just so old that they're free. I was looking to purchase modern audio books.

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Just connect your Droid to your computer using the supplied USB cord. Than, if you're using Windows, which you most likely are, just drag & drop the audiobook files to your sdcard. If they're a supported format, the "Music" application should recognize them.

If you need any more detail/explanation, just ask.

EDIT: Are you asking how to obtain audiobooks for free? Besides warez, try looking around; some sites offer trials, etc.

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How do I get new (not public domain) audio books onto my Droid? Seems like Mortplayer, Saffire just PLAY books.

Once you buy them (Audible, Amazon, etc.), put them on your PC and then just drag and drop them into the Music or Audiobook folder (create if not already on your sdcard). Tell your music app to look at that folder for music. Done.

OP
H

hartmannkristin

Reaction score
So there's no app that I can download to obtain them just using the droid?

OP
H

hartmannkristin

Reaction score
Really?!? I searched for Audible in the Market and things like Radardroid Pro, Solfeggio, SelectRinger came up. None of them were audio book apps. Will try Amazon... Thanks.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP
H

hartmannkristin

Reaction score
Don't mean to be remedial but the Amazon app wants to actually send me an audio CD, can't find anything I'm looking for on Borders and Kindle has audio books? Can't find them either.