ATK saves battery life!! Not.

Xf53vfs3

Reaction score
After having read so many threads about how the advanced task killer application saves battery by killing applications on a specified timescale, I realized that all killing them does is make them restart... using up more battery than if they were on but idle the whole time.

From personal experience it seems as though not using a task killer saves more battery than using one.

Anyone have any idea whether or not that theory is true?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's been a known fact here for a long time that task killers are far more harmful to the phone than helpful. If you do a search on task killers there is actually a really good write up explaining why. But yeah atleast you have come to the realization now and can uninstall that bad boy.

OP
X

Xf53vfs3

Reaction score
Yeah it has taken me a while I must admit. It just seems like everyone else in the android world would deems it stupid to not have a automatic task killer on their phone.
Thanks for the input

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Yeah it has taken me a while I must admit. It just seems like everyone else in the android world would deems it stupid to not have a automatic task killer on their phone.
Thanks for the input

Eh, it doesn't help that Verizon and Best Buy reps trying to throw it on every phone they touch. I still can't believe that policy.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input

well you are exactly right, almost any VZW salesman will try and tell you how wonderful and necessary task killers are. They aren't purposely trying to mess the phone up, unfortunately they just don't seem to be super educated on how the Android OS works.

OP
X

Xf53vfs3

Reaction score
Thanks for the input

well you are exactly right, almost any VZW salesman will try and tell you how wonderful and necessary task killers are. They aren't purposely trying to mess the phone up, unfortunately they just don't seem to be super educated on how the Android OS works.

Yeah I've also watched a few videos and read some articles on how the android os manages memory and it makes a lot of sense that task killers are absolutely not necessary. Especially enlightening was some part about how it takes the same amount of memory to hold "nothing" than it does to hold data in memory

lockman

Reaction score
Funny how the stores put it on, but if you call tech support the first thing they say is, "you're not using a task killer, are you?"

skruid

Reaction score
The android os and the android phone are suppose to be run at full compacity at all times, these phones and is were built for that and that when they run there best, plus there is a native taqsk killer that runs behind the curtian, and that's why the free mb script is any good niether, why free ram and not use it, never got or understood that
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App