Asurion is willing to give me a RAZR

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
So here's the skinny, i have two bionics, one is mine one is my wife's old bionic. Well we lost my wife's and so i made an asurion claim which I never finished, i now have someone who will buy the replacement bionic for 225 which puts 125 in my pocket. However Moore they are offering a RAZR which I've kinda always wanted, not to mention I'm fed up with this whole update BS.

So should i take the RAZR and sell my bionic or see if maybe they'll offer something else like the nexus?

No I'm not trying to pull a fast one either I've had Tec insurance on two lines for six years and only used it once.

So what do you all think? Ditch the bionic or stick it out

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

viper2ko

Reaction score
Ditch it, the will ditch the bionic in terms of support and upgrades, RZAR will be around for a while

drew96dawg

Reaction score
So here's the skinny, i have two bionics, one is mine one is my wife's old bionic. Well we lost my wife's and so i made an asurion claim which I never finished, i now have someone who will buy the replacement bionic for 225 which puts 125 in my pocket. However Moore they are offering a RAZR which I've kinda always wanted, not to mention I'm fed up with this whole update BS.

So should i take the RAZR and sell my bionic or see if maybe they'll offer something else like the nexus?

No I'm not trying to pull a fast one either I've had Tec insurance on two lines for six years and only used it once.

So what do you all think? Ditch the bionic or stick it out

Tell them you had multiple extended batteries for the bionic and that you want/need a maxx

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Tell them you had multiple extended batteries for the bionic and that you want/need a maxx

That's a good idea... I was just going to ask for the white personally but getting a maxx would be killer

drew96dawg

Reaction score
That's a good idea... I was just going to ask for the white personally but getting a maxx would be killer

The maxx is worth like 100 more so you could get that and sell it to buy a note 2 or maxx hd

welsalex

Reaction score
I wish I knew about claiming usage of an extended battery when getting a replacement from Asurion. My girl power slammed her bionic all pissed off and they no longer carry bionics and gave us the only option of taking a RAZR... wish it was a maxx. They would not give us a maxx and at the time I didn't know about telling them about using an extended battery (which she didn't)

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
it worked they gave me the razr maxx and a replacement headset. with a 16gb card since I lost the one that was in there.

I could sell the razr maxx couldn't I... then buy a nexus or wait for the note 2.... I have one more upgrade I can use and I was going to use it on the note 2.... hm..

what about the razr HD though, no release date as of yet correct?

drew96dawg

Reaction score
it worked they gave me the razr maxx and a replacement headset. with a 16gb card since I lost the one that was in there.

I could sell the razr maxx couldn't I... then buy a nexus or wait for the note 2.... I have one more upgrade I can use and I was going to use it on the note 2.... hm..

what about the razr HD though, no release date as of yet correct?

Congrats on the maxx. They had the date for oct 18 but they're holding it for antenna issues

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the maxx. They had the date for oct 18 but they're holding it for antenna issues

yeah and honestly I'm way more stocked about the note 2 than the maxx... either way I'm probably going to be selling my bionic, with lapdock, zagg two cases two batteries and vehicle mount very very soon... i.e. tomorrow.

virgil71468

Reaction score
drew96dawg said:

Asurion here i come too. But doesn't asurion request require defective bionic back? Or add cost of bionic to your bill if you don't return it?

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
because the phone was lost they do not require it back... if you simply report it as lost they add the MEID to a list of locked devices on the VZW network which doesn't allow you to use them on any kind of verizon (or prepaid that uses vzw) towers. that's why you see all those bad esn phones on ebay, they were either lost, stolen, or the account not paid properly.

tgs3838

Reaction score
Well my first Bionic was a good phone. Never had any Data drops or anything like many people had. Well i got that one wet and had to make a claim a few months back. The replacement has been crap. I should have probably called and complained but i didnt. So half the time i just switch it to 3g mode which defeats the purpose of a 4g phone i guess. . But maybe its time to make another claim. I did drop it a while back and cracked the screen. Just hate making claims.

nikecar

Reaction score
Asurion here i come too. But doesn't asurion request require defective bionic back? Or add cost of bionic to your bill if you don't return it?
but if you bought the extended battery and installed it yourself, you don't need to retrn that. Return the phone as you bought it from VZW, which was with the standard battery.