Asurion and Droids?

Sounds

Reaction score
Okay, so I came here a week ago and posted my incident with my stolen droid. I have made my claim with Asurion just a few hours ago. But I've been wondering a few things...

When I was talking to them on the phone, they told me that my SD card was on back order and is going to be sent to me in around 3 - 5 days. I found this quite odd as a new droid would come with the 16gb SD card. Do they not send you a new device in the original box? Or do they send another box with the phone in it? :S

Also, has anyone else made a claim and has got a crap/refurbished phone? If so, mind sharing your experience? I hate how I would have gotten a brand new droid stolen and snatched from my hand and I feel like I'm going to be given some crap replacement.

tl;dr: how was your experience getting a replacement droid from asurion? was it good or bad?

wolf102

Reaction score
when i received my droid from asurion it was a refurb unit.it didnt come with an sd card.i had to reuse my old one.

OP
S

Sounds

Reaction score
when i received my droid from asurion it was a refurb unit.it didnt come with an sd card.i had to reuse my old one.

Here's the thing, I don't have an SD card. My SD card was IN my droid when it was stolen. I guess I wont be receiving a new droid, instead some crummy refurb.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I have never used Asurion for my Droid, but I had a BB Storm that I replaced before my Droid. I wanted to have a cleaner looking phone t osell because mine was beat up and it was refurbished. However, I have purchased refurbished stuff before and have had good experiences. I hope you have the same.

BlueSami

Reaction score

Here's the thing, I don't have an SD card. My SD card was IN my droid when it was stolen. I guess I wont be receiving a new droid, instead some crummy refurb.

Uhh duh. Cell phone insurance has been like that since the caveman.

Not saying I like it that way..
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

eliassami5

Reaction score
...wow people.

Referbs go through more tests than a brand new phone does. They dont come with scratched screens and blemishes like most people think they do. You would have to be very unlucky to get a defective referb...its more common to get a defective brand new DROID. It will be fine.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
...wow people.

Referbs go through more tests than a brand new phone does. They dont come with scratched screens and blemishes like most people think they do. You would have to be very unlucky to get a defective referb...its more common to get a defective brand new DROID. It will be fine.

This is true. Verizon doesn't even call them refurbished phones anymore because of the testing they go through.

Verizon now calls them "Certified Like New" phones.

OP
S

Sounds

Reaction score
...wow people.

This is true. Verizon doesn't even call them refurbished phones anymore because of the testing they go through.

Don't they come preinstalled with a SD card tho? I find it weird how they don't include it |: But that's just me...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
...wow people.

Don't they come preinstalled with a SD card tho? I find it weird how they don't include it |: But that's just me...

Since most are replacement units, They don't come with SDCard, Battery or Battery Door.. You suppose to swap yours out and return just the unit.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

Since most are replacement units, They don't come with SDCard, Battery or Battery Door.. You suppose to swap yours out and return just the unit.

Exactly, They just want to replace the phone and not the other stuff. I'm sure if an SD card was in the stolen phone and the phone originally came with an SD card when purchased new (which it did) then they might replace that as well but if its backordered you have to wait.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont know about smartphones, but I had a Samsung u740 a few years ago. They replaced my battery and door.

Maybe cuz mine was lost and stolen. Cuz if its lost or stolen, u wouldnt have a battery...lol

PARick

Reaction score
I have used this insurance several times (my kids). Each time they sent me a refurbished phone. Had I not known that they were reburbished, I could not tell. They were very nice.

OP
S

Sounds

Reaction score
I have used this insurance several times (my kids). Each time they sent me a refurbished phone. Had I not known that they were reburbished, I could not tell. They were very nice.

Did they break down at all? o_o

marcogiudice

Reaction score
what about if i just want a new phone cuz mine is beat up and i tell them i dropped it on the pool well they make me send my old one back?