Are You Having Problems With Syncing Contacts??

Arcangl123

Reaction score
I use Outlook at work for contacts and Calendar and as everyone has probably figured out, using Google sync for the Calendar works beautifully. Also Exporting and Importing your whole contact list via Gmail works pretty damn good also. But as I add new contacts to my Outlook the question was how do I get these onesy twosy individuals to my new Incredible phone?

Well...... I DID IT!!!!dancedroid
icon_%20banana.gif
dancedroid

God I hope I am not the only one that has figured this out. This is what I did.

1) I exported the individual contact to a .vcf to my desktop.
2) I then sent the file to my Incredible via bluetooth (I got a dongle on my computer here at work)
3) After the transfer was complete the phone tells me so and when I clicked on the file transferred, the phone asked me do I want to import .vcf file?
4) After jumping for joy in falling on this landmine of goodness I said HELL YA!!

Now it did miss a few things. Media (ringtone) Picture and groups did not come along. But the address and phone and email all showed up. So its not perfect but it worked.

Hope this helps.

herbmmm

Reaction score
Try hitting settings, Accounts & Sync, and then sync all at bottom of page! This seems to do Contacts but not Calendar unless you sync your Outlook Calendar with Google Calender(can only do this with 2003 and 2007 Outlook).

OP
Arcangl123

Arcangl123

Reaction score
Try hitting settings, Accounts & Sync, and then sync all at bottom of page! This seems to do Contacts but not Calendar unless you sync your Outlook Calendar with Google Calender(can only do this with 2003 and 2007 Outlook).

Are you connected to the computer? Are you importing from a file? I am simple minded. I need to fall into it or I need instructions.

gregbridwell

Reaction score
I use http://www.soocial.com for my contacts and Google Sync for my Outlook calendar. Soocial keeps my gmail, Droid, Mac, ipad, and itouch contacts all in sync with my Outlook 2003. It will even do Windows Mobile (if you must!) and other platforms.

prode

Reaction score
I synchronize my Outlook calendar and contacts with Sync2. I love this program very much! it's very easy to configure and use. it works both ways and really fast