Are people checking to see if they are getting random reboots?

maslan

Reaction score
I too am getting random shutdowns. Every once in a while i will pull phone out of pocket and it will be off. It is not because of the new shutdown sequence as i am running NexTheme and he removed them from his by default.

Not a big deal - but still a pain sometimes.

exdirrk

Reaction score
I have had 0 reboots since removing the shutdown feature. I do not use any live wallpapers, I use 1.1ghz because 1.2ghz makes my phone crash to often. You may need to change to a higher voltage kernel or a minimum 250 instead of 125. I also do not use apps2sd. IMO pete has done a wonderful job

rbbrock

Reaction score
Will be at 43 hrs. uptime in less than 5 minutes. I have had some reboots since installing but I'm pretty sure they were due to the new shutdown button combos.

I usually shut down with my left hand wrapped around the back of the phone, hit the power button with my index finger and the other three fingers along the side of the phone with the volume and camera buttons, so I think I was hitting them without knowing it, because as soon as I became aware of them and consciously avoid pressing them I stopped having problems.

Edit: Oh, and my ROM history is BB1.1 - wipe - Froyo leak - Froyo leak 2 - BB0.1 - BB0.2 - BB0.2.1. All Froyos have been with the P3 1.2 kernel and no wiping in between, and I've had no problems other than getting used to the new shutdown combos.

Fulle

Reaction score
I was using BB v0.2 with a P3 LV ROM with a 125MHz min... and didn't have any problems... then I decided to try making some profiles in SetCPU, and it all went to hell. I tried swapping out with a ROM with a 250MHz min, but it still ran like crapola. I found that running a "Power save" governor really did the trick for causing freezes and reboots too.

*Shrugs* I couldn't figure out the problem, so I switched to a ROM that doesn't hate SetCPU profiles until I get some time to test some more.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I have had one shutdown. Was due to taking the phone out of the Verizon holster. The plastic on the side of holster presses into the camera key and the slightest press on the power key caused it to shutdown. I haven't had any issues regarding launcher problems...reboots...nor wifi. I'm on v0.2.1 with a p3 kernel. But then again I knew to change the install location back to auto so nothing installed on my SD card. If the app depends on loading anything at startup before the SD card is mounted you will have issues. Again...BB v0.2.1 has been perhaps the most stable and best performing rom I've used. Honestly I'm blaming most of the reboot issues and having to redo your settings after boot issues on user error