Are Froyo ROM's Out of Control??

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
All I ask is: Are these ROM's for Froyo out of control? Why is there so many? Why am I changing a ROM per day? Is it ridec?

I will relent, most of these ROM's are BETA and I will gladly test them. But consider I am a stander by and am just watching to see what can come out of good. Prove this test wrong until a better AOSP is delivered.

And by god, let the debated continue.

Last edited:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes. Go back to stock 2.1 if you're waiting for the Droid X like I am since you might have to anyway. It's actually a nice changing knowing that you won't have to update/wipe data/etc.

frozty

Reaction score
All curent 2.2 roms are the same. Slightly different speeds, and scripts. Different skins, boot animations cosmetics and whatnot. No rom right now has blown me away so far. Some are less buggy and more functional and stable.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think of it like my women....I like change ;). So many to choose from, I love it.

Reaction score
Choice is one of the fundamental properties of the Android OS that makes it great. Even if the differences in the ROMs are minimal, they still allow each of us one more level of customization to make our phones the way we want them.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Plus don't forget. Things run different on different phones. Some people BB runs well others SS, CM. Options allow us to find a setup that works best.

Sent from my Droid

motodroid34

Reaction score
None of them work for me and yes I try it all.

I'll keep reading and wait till i see a rom that works just fine.

Froyo no good to me right now :)

Darkseider

Reaction score
How could they be out of control? I love the fact the all the devs are doing their own thing, making tweaks and giving us a huge amount of choice. Hell when CM 6.0 is released it may even take the Froyo notch up another level, who knows? Point is all these ROMs inspire creativity in the devs to look for the next new, cool feature that can be hacked in or tweaked. What is not to love?

taeratrin

Reaction score
I think we need more. Seriously, there could be a million of them, and it wouldn't be out of control.

justicw

Reaction score
more roms=more competition=better development :) its a win win win :)

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yes...yes you are lol it's all good tho as long as you have money!! :rofl3:

back on topic....i'm a flashaholic! Bring em on!!