Arabic on Droid

FUBSZ

Reaction score
Hey guys i would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to get arabic support on droid firmware 2.2 and is rooted.

thank you guys
much appreciation

tarekahf

Reaction score
I also want to enable Arabic on my device.

I have Verizon Droid 2. I rooted the device just few days ago using z4root by RayanZA method.

Any help would be apprecaited.

Tarek.

Argus

Reaction score
I too have a Droid 2 Global. I too have rooted my phone using Z4root and I, too, would like to figure out how to get it to read Arabic.

Arabic Android seems to be bringing some people success, although the website and marketplace app lack clear instructions for installation. It seems that Droid 2 may not yet be supported for his app, although a number of people seem to have gotten it working. I'm a little scared of all the negative comments on the marketplace - apparently the app is not well supported.

If you figure things out, let me know!

tarekahf

Reaction score
My wife got her Android Tablet Transformer with full Arabic Support from the Local Market.
I just need to know why I am unable to get Arabic Support on my Motorola Droid 2 after I was able to root it ?

Appreciate if someone can provide some guidance on how to enable Arabic on my device.

By the way, Arabic Characters show properly on the device, but the orientation and shaping is not correct, and this is making it very difficult to read any Arabic Sentence.

Argus

Reaction score
found a solution

I managed to solve my Arabic issues, though it involved delving into the deeps of my android device. I replaced my OS with Cyanogenmod 7 (which recently started supporting DG2) and, as it turns out, Arabic is fully implemented. Cyanogenmod is essentially Anroid stripped of a bunch of bloatware and with a few new features. Supports tablets, too - highly reccomend.

tarekahf

Reaction score
Hi Argus,

Appreciate it if you could tell me how is it going with the Cyanogenmod 7 OS you installed on your device which has full Arabic Support?

Could you please give me more details about how to install this OS on my Motorola Droid 2?

Tarek.