Apps closing not fc'ing!

comk4ver

Reaction score
So, my facebook app keeps closing on me. I'll open the facebook from the widget and then it loads but then closes not force closing. I've tried clearing the cache under the facebook app and I've cleared the cache from the menu>applications>manage applications. I don't know what else to do.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So, my facebook app keeps closing on me. I'll open the facebook from the widget and then it loads but then closes not force closing. I've tried clearing the cache under the facebook app and I've cleared the cache from the menu>applications>manage applications. I don't know what else to do.

Clear data too. You'll have to setup the app again, but it may be worth it. If that doesn't solve it, try to uninstall and reinstall.

Is your phone stock? Do you have either Task Killer or an Anti-Virus app installed?

OP
comk4ver

comk4ver

Reaction score
No, I'm rooted (cm 6.1.2) no tasks killer or anti-viruses! I think I did uninstall and clear data. I'll do it again. I don't mind

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, I'm rooted (cm 6.1.2) no tasks killer or anti-viruses! I think I did uninstall and clear data. I'll do it again. I don't mind

I don't use Facebook, so my knowledge is right down there around zero. But is there an alternate app you could use?

I just did an advanced search, titles only, for Facebook and I got 11 pages of threads about that app. I find that astonsihing. This may just be a poorly written app.

I do not like telling people to "go search". But in this case, since there were so many hits, you may give it a try and then just spend some time reading all that crap to see if there's a jewel in there somewhere. Good luck and have fun reading!!! :)

OP
comk4ver

comk4ver

Reaction score
Thanks I did just like you said uninstall cleared everything and it's still closing on me... i'ma get anternative app for facebook appreciate it. Maybe I'll just use the browser instead of the widget.