Approx amount of songs...

Archerjostle

Reaction score
I have a Droid HTC Eric with the "Stock" 8g card (i think thats what it is)
I have zero pics and few apps. Im curious as to how many songs roughly you think could/should fit on the phone?

On a second thought. I had bands ON the phone, and for whatever reason they are now GONE from the phone...i THOUGHT maybe i was DL'ing too many songs and it erased them but upon further thought they disappeared without me every dl'ing anymore songs...any ideas? Possible maybe i just deleted them by accident? I really really dont think i did that.
Thanks so much as always for all your help!

fingaz

Reaction score
on my 16gb iTouch, I have 2500 songs.... so I am assuming that I could fit 1250 songs on the 8gb card. I have a bunch of apps on both the iPod and the Eris.

Just got the phone and I don't have any music on it yet...... so sorry can't help you with the second part.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Assuming each song is about 4Mb (probable overestimate), and a formatted 8Gb SD card actually has 7Gb of usable space (underestimation), I get 1750 songs.

hlaalu

Reaction score
There are 16gb cards on ebay all day long for $25 if you ever need more space.

jasonb

Reaction score
use Winamp to rip or convert your songs into 64kbps mp4/aacPlus (HE-AAC) format. this format at this bitrate is CD quality sound and will take very little space. i have about 850 songs on my phone in this format taking up only 2.06GB.

in this format you could fit over 3200 songs on your 8gig card..

just in case anybody wants proof that 64kbps HE-AAC is high quality. taken from the wikipedia page.

Perceived quality

Scientific testing by the European Broadcasting Union has indicated that HE-AAC at 48 kbit/s was ranked as "Excellent" quality using the MUSHRA scale.[7] MP3 in the same testing received a score less than half that of HE-AAC and was ranked "Poor" using the MUSHRA scale. Data from this testing also indicated that some individuals confused 48 kbit/s encoded material with an uncompressed original.

Last edited:

grammerpolice

Reaction score
I have about 700 songs on mine, along with about 20 videos (from 1-60 mins long), and well over 120 photos, and I still have more than 1G left. I never converted my files, though, so I'm sure you could fit more, as jasonb ^ suggests.