App to lock ringer volume?

kpj313

Reaction score
I'm forever turning down my ringer volume by accident while just messing with the Droid or just taking it out of the holster. I'm missing calls left & right.

GadgetRick

Reaction score
I'd like an app to allow me to control just the notification sound level as well. I like my ringer up high so I can hear it. People don't call me at night so it's not a problem. I do, however, receive emails at night and, if I forget to turn down the volume, I hear it in the middle of the night sometimes.

ray45251

Reaction score
lock volume ?

I would like to see this app also and would actualy pay for it. No more missed calls

les017

Reaction score
Volume Control works great for me. After install you change ringer volume via pulldown bar only. Any accidental changes by the volume buttons get reset within seconds. Very simple. I love it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A search for volume control brought up 3 different ones. Which one is recommended?

les017

Reaction score
ooops sorry - It's Ringer Volume Control. Icon looks like a ladybug

droider4life

Reaction score
I use ring guard... its simple easy to use if u accidentally hit the rocker it pulls up a box on the screen u have to confirm the volume change or it resets it back to what it was before u hit the rocker...

scaup

Reaction score
ring guard seems to work, yet the volume still goes off completely and i miss calls. How about a recall and we get phones from verizon that ring reliably like phones have since 1900.

astokes

Reaction score
Its really poor design, the only way I want to access my ringer volume is through the system settings, it would be nice if motorola/google would disable the ringer volume from the home screens.

Maye some clever coder could write an app that would do just that.

jbsangel

Reaction score
volume control works good for locking the volume.

silent mode jammer is a good one that will lock your phone to vibrate whenever the ringer volume is set to silent. i prefer to use this over volume control because i use settings profile to turn my ringer off automatically when Im at work.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Hmm ring guard doesnt seem to stay on for me, and when it is on, doesnt work when some apps are open..

Mechanician

Reaction score
Its really poor design, the only way I want to access my ringer volume is through the system settings, it would be nice if motorola/google would disable the ringer volume from the home screens.

Maye some clever coder could write an app that would do just that.

Astokes, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Has there been an app that has been created since the time of your post that allows users to only access ringer volume through the systems settings?

JerryRogan

Reaction score
Smart Volume works well on my Moto Droid, but I do wish the icon didn't occupy the Notification Bar all the time - thankfully, what the manufacturer's seem to screw up, developers seem to repair!