App to Get HeadPhones To Work Correctly?

loophole

Reaction score
Ok I recently purchased the diddy beats and as I had already knew they don't function as advertised with the droid. ( please don't say they only work with Iphone I can offer a link saying it should do some things with the droid from the monster site but it doesn't with stock media player ). I believe this is because of the app though and if a good dev knew his audio on the droid might be able to make at least some type of head phones work.

I tried a few different apps and was able to find one that would at least pause the music from the head phone "universal control" but that was the best I could find. (App was double twist media player) All the other ones just tried to replay the song making it sound terrible ( like a duplicate that was 10 seconds behind ) ... Would be nice to have a decent set of head phones that function as advertised for the droid.. Iphone has a ton of them... and I'm pretty sure its possible now even though some have said its not because the control was able to function some. This would be a big deal to the community if someone could build an app around some type of head phones to at least give us some type of option because as it stands now, I believe there is no option. The si-4's are a little cheaper and might be a better bet for a whole community as its in more people's price range. The diddy's would be sweet to work but a dev may not get as much response back because of lack of people paying high dollar for them.. would love to hear some feedback from a dev about possibilities. Would be happy to try to work with one if they want to give it a shot as well as pay for the app. Sorry for my run on sentences lol... in a hurry..

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, not familiar with the beats, what do they do? Are there controls on the headphones/wire?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Controltalk is what it says on the site. Is it just for muting the music and picking up a phone call?

JMacPro

Reaction score
i am looking for the same thing as well. i downloaded that doubletwist app for my droid and my mac and its ok. i also would like to have volume control for free. (i checked on the market and theres an app for $3 that will let you do that. i am not paying to have something that should be standard. makes you think if froyo would have this feature :D)

dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

brooklyn8874

Reaction score
hey can you pick up calls on your diddy beats cause i tryed the dr.dre beats solo and studio and when i make a call they can not hear me talk whit them i only cloud hear them

Stormwing

Reaction score
Not sure what you exactly mean, but for those with just one button I've sworn by DroidShuffle prior to 2.2. It's got problems with Froyo for some people, dev is working on it.

If you're talking about volume buttons and stuff, iirc people said the Droid could only detect button clicks (play/pause, call/mute?) and long press (party shuffle) from the headphone jack.

The Cubed player says it can detect all sorts of headphone buttons but I've never tried it.

brooklyn8874

Reaction score
ok im saying i was using the control talk on the studio and solo and the control talk did not work on when i talk to the mic people couldn't hear me on there phone so i don't know if you are having the same trouble cause i wanna get the diddy beats but i don't wanna get something that is not gonna work on my phone

stcrx

Reaction score
I have Beats Solo HD by Dr Dre, and they work as headphones, but not as a headset. They work as a headset with an iphone, but not with a droid. There is controltalk or whatever on the monster cable so that on an iphone you can answer calls and such. It would be great to get an app made to make these work as a headset on droid phones. I'd even pay for it if it worked.
I imagine an app for one set of "beats" would work for all of the types of beats. I hope there's a way to get this movin. :)
-Stacy M.

dredhead407

Reaction score
So I am having the same issue. I got the Solo HD's today and they sound great but once I exit out of the music app the music stops. No one can hear me also its quite frustrating that Dre would make it super compatible for iOS but no love for android. IMO Android is a bigger platform now wth.

Stinky Skunk

Reaction score
ControlTalk

I read on someone else's thread that they contacted Monster who sent them a $19.00 ControlTalk Universal cable that worked with their Android phone. This may not be a cure for all Android phones as I have tried my Solo HD's on a number of different Android devices with mixed results.

The other problem is that I'm in the UK and cannot find any dealers that sell the cables on their own, I would love for someone else to get one of these cables, give it a go and report back... if the results are possitive then I would happily pay over the odds for said cable via paypal etc...

Any takers????