App that displays phone signal strength in dbs

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
I have been looking for an app that shows signal strength in DB's, since this is much more accurate. If you have a DB of around -70 you have just about a perfect connection. Around -100 and it will probably get dropped. This app is called Real Signal. It puts two strength indicators in the notification area, one green for phone and red for data. They are 5 bar indicators which are pretty accurage. The dev gives the bar ratings in the setup page.

To see your actual DB strength, you simply pull the green bar down into your home page and the db strength is indicated.

The app is currently free. I have sent an email to the dev asking him to develop the app to allow users to have a choice of the 5 bar graph in the notification area or an actual DB readout. Awaiting reply.

Let me know if anyone is using this app and finding it useful.

Reaction score
I use this app. My only complaint was there was no option for an actuall dB reading. If it gets added I'll start using it again. Until then it looked goofy seeing 3 signal indicators in my notification bar.

1979w72

Reaction score
If it doesn't have to be in the status bar, what about the signal strength shown in Settings/About phone/Status?

Reaction score
If it doesn't have to be in the status bar, what about the signal strength shown in Settings/About phone/Status?

I know I could check that but if there is a chance to just take a quick glance at the status bar it would be more of a convenience.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Seems an app like that would be a battery drain.....always updating...

Reaction score
The app as it was always updated but never drained the batter. If its like SeePU its inactive when the screen is off.

Sent from your Droid

rza49311

Reaction score
The app is doing something strange on my Droid. It shows FULL 1x and EvDO signal on both indicators but my phone only shows 1x signal. However, my phone does bounce between 1x and EvDO randomly. The EvDO is never usable though, it disappears before using it. I'm in a building with a signal repeater which is attached to a grid antenna on the roof of the building. I don't understand why the grid boosts just the 1x as I used the same grid antenna to boost EvDO for an air card previously.

staircase3

Reaction score
If anyone else is still looking, try OpenSignalMaps

Click the i (more info) button on the overview screen and it shows you signal in dBm and asu the two most common measures of RSSI.

qr_pro.png

bdtuhin007

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am very new in android world. I will have to measure RSSI graph against time, using bluetooth.
I am in stack :( ... I can't understand how to start and in which way I should go.
can you please give me a complete hints. like an algorithm.
and how can I get RSSI values? is that read from any file or select randomly etc etc. I need almost all info to get start.
any one please help me !
thanx ! :)