App sync

trainstroker

Reaction score
I remember when i installed the nandroid backup of 2.2, all my apps started redownloading from the market automatically. i just installed BB 0.21 and nothing happening?

yusky03

Reaction score
I would also like to know why this is because it also happened to me and is one of the main reasons I am still on BB 1.1. I did give it a full day to make up its mind and sync but it never did.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
2.2 roms autosync....

2.1 does not

yusky03

Reaction score
Well that's an Epic Fail. Looks like once Pete comes out with a ROM compiled from Source I am going to be making me a list and checking it twice.

Edit: Nice Avatar and user name Backnblack Infidel for life :)

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
When I installed petes first froyo rom it synched, his second one that removed the activation screen did not synch.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I remember when i installed the nandroid backup of 2.2, all my apps started redownloading from the market automatically. i just installed BB 0.21 and nothing happening?
Did you read the changelog?

Well that's an Epic Fail.
Meh. A bit annoying but not a big deal IMO. There are workarounds.

Last edited:

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
It doesn't auto sync because a popular complaint people had was that 2.2 was sluggish. A lot of people gave up on it before realizing it was sluggish because it was downloading and installing apps. I guess Pete thought that more people would give 2.2 a chance if they could feel the increased speed "out of the box.". Specifically, didn't you notice after installing that you had to log into the market? This is what prevented your apps from autu downloading.

OP
T

trainstroker

Reaction score
i noticed the market login. i know about the sluggishness and want to try pete's rom but keep all my apps... i format /data every time just in case and i relied on 2.2's auto sync capabilities to get my apps back. what work arounds did you speak of?

OP
T

trainstroker

Reaction score

naviathan

Reaction score
Yeah I'm curious about this workaround as well. I haven't found anything on it.

OP
T

trainstroker

Reaction score
I saw some script in the SS forum, but i was wondering if there was anything else.

OP
T

trainstroker

Reaction score
Anyone? How do you restore your apps? Yeah titanium backup is nice, but i don't want to pay 4 dollars for functionality that was included in the OS and disabled by a modder...