App Request: Keyboard switcher (via orientation)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think this had been asked about before but figured I'd bring it up again. Actually I don't know why someone hasn't jumped on it yet (unless it's not 'possible' because of something in the OS). How about a small app that will allow you to set default different keyboards based on screen orientation:icon_ banana:

Example: I LOVE Swype when I'm in portrait mode because of the one hand operation but when I'm in landscape mode I find the HTC keyboard more convenient. The app will switch the keyboard method automatically when the screen is rotated.

Anyone???

xfireguru

Reaction score
I'm not sure a keyboard switcher app would be entirely possible.

What would work, however, is if the actual keyboard app were programmed that way - swype/shapewriter/whatever in portrait and qwerty in landscape.

BluePlate

Reaction score
I LOVE Swype when I'm in portrait mode because of the one hand operation but when I'm in landscape mode I find the HTC keyboard more convenient. The app will switch the keyboard method automatically when the screen is rotated.

+1

I *completely* agree. I basically can't swype on the landscape keyboard, but swype is far better for me on portrait. Right now I'm using smartkeyboard pro, which I really like in landscape, but I'd love it if my phone simply knew to put up the swype keyboard whenever it's in portrait!