App Refund Help!??

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
I bought btunes and didn't like it so I uninstalled it - I guess I thought that would also give a refund (I uninstalled less than an hour after purchase). I don't think it automatically gave a refund and it is not in my "downloads" page in the market and when I search btunes in the market it has the price there as well - how can I (or CAN I) get a refund on this app?

OP
A

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
Alternately, if I can't get a refund can I at least get the program back for free since I paid for it?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You can download any paid app for less than 24 hours for refund. However you must go back into the market and under that app select "Uninstall & Refund" - if you uninstalled it from your system you MIGHT be able to install it from the market again, THEN do the uninstall refund thing...

OP
A

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
Yes today - this morning. There is no "uninstall and refund" option available when I go to the market - probably dumb that I uninstalled first without going back to the market.

OP
A

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
OK I think things are fine.
I went on my phone to check my gmail and there was a cancellation/refund notice in there from Google Checkout saying that btunes has cancelled my order and I have not been charged. Then it says "reason: cancellation requested from phone".
So that means that it does automatically refund if you uninstall from the phone and you DON'T have to go to the market.
Good to know.
Thanks all for your attempts to help - hopefully this thread helps someone else out the next time.....