App Purchases/Refunds... anyone getting their $ back?

pennypritty1

Reaction score
Since this is done through Google, I wasn't overly concerned...

I've tried/purchased a few apps here and there, totally near $10 plus now and some have been uninstalled/returned and I'll receive a confirmation/email that they would NOT charge my card. But of course the charges did go through--but no crediting back thus far.

My last return/refund attempt was a few days ago and I've still not received my refunds. Yes, this is only for about $10 right now but after a while it adds up. There is an app I'm looking at that is for much more but I'm not buying anything else until this is a cleaner process.

They certainly have no problem debiting my card with the purchase; so why does the refund take longer... if at all?

Anyone else NOT getting refunded?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
(ohhh crap am I the only one?) it's my visa ... I'll contact google then.

A regular visa credit card or a visa check/debit card? I use my Debit card and havent had any charges yet that were not supposed to be there.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i bought a few and then uninstalled them within the 24 hours and i was not charged.... are you sure you did not go over the 24 hour mark?

suzukimethod

Reaction score
I purchased an app expecting it to be an all-or-nothing purchase (i.e. i didn't even know a refund was possible). I tried out the app, didnt care for it (decided I wouldn't use it), and clicked on the refund button in the store. (paid with a visa credit, not debit, card).

within a couple days both the 4.99 purchase and the (4.99) credit posted to my c-card account.

I did the refund well within the 24 hour window though...

OP
pennypritty1

pennypritty1

Reaction score
I'm sure... some of them were same-day. I'm giving it the weekend and will check again monday. then I'll contact them. Again, it's a small dollar amount but I want to rely on this system because there are such great apps out there and the only way I'll know they work for my droid is trial and error (and suggestions on this forum)

kaboyd

Reaction score
It took 4 days for the one paid app I bought to be refunded but it finally came through on my visa debt.