App for quickly setting sound and screen options?

syntax53

Reaction score
Is there an app that would allow you to set a profile of sorts for notification/ringtone/brightness settings? For example, I'm currently using locale to turn off my notification volume off, vibration off, and ringer volume to 3 starting at 12:00AM when I'm sleeping and then back to normal at 6:30AM when I wake up. Sometimes I go to sleep at a different time or sleep in or whatnot so I'd like to just make a couple shortcuts to different profile settings. So before I go to sleep I hit one button and when I wake up I hit another.

Silver Member
Reaction score
why not just use the slide to silence on the lock screen and then turn the display off? what's hard about that?

OP
syntax53

syntax53

Reaction score
why not just use the slide to silence on the lock screen and then turn the display off? what's hard about that?
Because I still want my phone to ring. I just don't want to hear ever email I get throughout the night (for example).

Last edited:
OP
syntax53

syntax53

Reaction score
Timmeriffic, there is a a thread about it just a few threads below yours at the moment.

Here's the link. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/10548-application-like-locale-but-time.html

It's a free app too. :icon_ banana:

There is also a free app called "Toggle Settings" that'll do all this in one place (the app itself), however, it's not time based.

Locale already does things by time. That's how I'm using it now. I'm trying to find something that will do it by clicking on an icon from the home screen on demand.

rjax

Reaction score
Check out the app simply called Profiles (by egg 'n stone). Starting from either a homescreen or notification bar (I really like the notification bar integration) you have two-click access to quickly manually change your settings including screen brightness, wi-fi, and a bunch of different volume settings.

Or, you could also try Quick Profiles which lets you put a profile shortcut on your home page for one-touch access (assuming you're already on the home screen), but I don't remember how many things can be customzed.

Edit: I just realized that Profiles also lets you put a one-touch shortcut on your home screen, too. So I'd definitely recommend Profiles.

Last edited:
OP
syntax53

syntax53

Reaction score
Quick settings isn't "one-touch." "One-screen" maybe, but Quick Profiles is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks rjax. Only downside is it doesn't seem to have the ability to turn vibration on/off for notifications.