APP- Don't Pause Silences Notifications During Media Playback!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

When you are listening to your favorite podcast or jamming out to one of your favorite tunes while driving to work it is super annoying to be interrupted by a notification. Generally in Android when a notification comes through your media will pause indicating that you have received an email or text. When you are belting out your favorite verse of all time the last thing you want is a pause in the music killing your mojo.

Developer "tpierce89" has the fix. The "Don't Pause" app will silence notifications while you are playing media on your android device. This is very easy to setup. All you have to do is download the app, open the app, click the start button, and the service will start in the background. The app puts your phone into vibrate mode. Once media playback is stopped on your device Don't Pause will automagically turn the notification volume to its normal level. Head to the link below for the download.

via XDA

kinfolk248

Reaction score
I'm weird, I actually like that pause and/or decrease in volume to let me know. But doesn't putting phone on silent do the same thing...

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
I've used this app for a while now for listening to music and really like it. The advantage to the free version is that when you stop the music the ringer is restored, like SilentSnap does. The advantage to the pro version ($1.43 I believe) is that it will auto start when headphones are connected or Bluetooth is turned on.