apex install

KevTN

Reaction score
ok...did a TiBU, and nandroid bu. downloaded 1.3.1 and rom manger...I also use Astro, also have metamorph and terminal emulator...

So all I will need to is boot up bootstrapper and wipe the cache and files...then run apex1.3.1.zip can I run it from the download folder? I am having a brainfart on how to create a folder or where I need to put the .zip

Any other advice or peace of mind someone can give before I do this...LOL

Thanks,
Kevin

Slow88lx

Reaction score
ok...did a TiBU, and nandroid bu. downloaded 1.3.1 and rom manger...I also use Astro, also have metamorph and terminal emulator...

So all I will need to is boot up bootstrapper and wipe the cache and files...then run apex1.3.1.zip can I run it from the download folder? I am having a brainfart on how to create a folder or where I need to put the .zip

Any other advice or peace of mind someone can give before I do this...LOL

Thanks,
Kevin
The zip can be anywhere on your SD card. Use Droid X Bootstrapper to boot into recovery. From there format data and cache. Hit the back button to get back to the main menu. Once in the main menu select install zip from sd card. Then navigate to the folder where you put the Zip and select it to install. Voila! Wait a little bit and enjoy Apex goodness.

You do NOT need astro, rom manager, metamorph or terminal emulator to complete the install. You only need the .zip file and Droid X Bootstrapper.

P.s. in Droid X Bootstrapper you just select "Bootstrap recovery" first, wait for the "success" notification then select "reboot recovery".

Toochief

Reaction score
I used bootstrapper. I'm on latest Apex rom. I made the leap on Saturday night.

Slow88lx

Reaction score
If you made a backup of your phone running the latest update you can just restore that.

Toochief

Reaction score
I've searched my SD card and dont see anything that says backup so if I did not back up, how do I go back to stock and start over?

Slow88lx

Reaction score
You would have had to make one in the first place. You'll need to get real educated real fast if you didn't make one.

Toochief

Reaction score
OK, I found a folder called clockworkmod and in it is a folder called backup. In the backup folder are two folders with identical dates (same as when I rooted and flashed the rom). Inside of the latest folder, I have three files
.android_secure
cache
data
nandroid
system

Is this the backup? If so, what is the procedure from here?

crypto

Reaction score
you need to boot your phone into recovery. Open up the bootstrap recovery app and reboot into recovery from there.
Once the phone is booted into recovery, go down and restore backup and then select whichever one is the one you made before installing the ROM

If you didn't make a backup before installing a ROM or have no idea what I'm talking about then you shouldn't be installing ROMs on your phone and need to do a lot of reading