AP Fastboot Flash Failure Droid Razr

bryced95

Reaction score
So I have about 9 more days before I am charged for the phone and it is bricked, or so I think. It was rooted with an eclipse ROM of ics and i was having a lot of problems. So I stupidly called Verizon and had them send me a new phone. Now I have the new phone and have to send the old one back. I read on some xda forums that by using RSD and a stock rom, it would un-root the phone and set it back to warranty state. Well after flashing "VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml" I am now stuck with a screen that has:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)
0A.66

Device is LOCKED, Status Code:0

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Please Help Me!!!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Try this...

Going back to stock .211:
*On your pc, download and install Matt's Razr Utility 1.8 or 1.81 or 1.82. You can find 1.82 here:
Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only - DroidRzr.com
*Extract that utility to its own folder on your computer...you must extract the file on your pc. It will not work from your phone.
*After the utility is extracted, go to the Motorola drivers folder in the utility and make sure you have the latest Motorola drivers installed on your pc.
*make sure your phone is set to usb debugging mode (menu>system setting>developer options).
*Power your phone off. Then power your phone on while holding down your power, the volume up and volume down buttons simultaneously.
*Connect your phone to your computer with the factory supplied usb cable.
*On your phone select AP Fastboot, then in the utility select option 1..."restore phone to stock .211. Do not unplug the usb cable until the utility finishes.
*When completed your phone should reboot to stock .211.
*After running option 1, restart phone to make sure all is fine.

OP
B

bryced95

Reaction score
Will this still work even though I can not boot to the os?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes it should because you only need to boot to the fastboot menu (with phone off,press power, volume up and volume down at same time).

OP
B

bryced95

Reaction score
Thank you i have to try to charge it first then i will try it.

Imagaymer

Reaction score
Thank You

Try this...Going back to stock .211:*On your pc, download and install Matt's Razr Utility 1.8 or 1.81 or 1.82. You can find 1.82 here:Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only - DroidRzr.com *Extract that utility to its own folder on your computer...you must extract the file on your pc. It will not work from your phone.*After the utility is extracted, go to the Motorola drivers folder in the utility and make sure you have the latest Motorola drivers installed on your pc.*make sure your phone is set to usb debugging mode (menu>system setting>developer options). *Power your phone off. Then power your phone on while holding down your power, the volume up and volume down buttons simultaneously. *Connect your phone to your computer with the factory supplied usb cable. *On your phone select AP Fastboot, then in the utility select option 1..."restore phone to stock .211. Do not unplug the usb cable until the utility finishes. *When completed your phone should reboot to stock .211.*After running option 1, restart phone to make sure all is fine.
This worked flawlessly and I wanted to take the time to say thank you.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thank you for letting me know. Happy to know it worked well! :)

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

ksameer866

Reaction score
Plz tell me how to creck wpa/wpa2 psk secured wifi network password.

therunningrev

Reaction score
Try this...

*On your pc, download and install Matt's Razr Utility 1.8 or 1.81 or 1.82. You can find 1.82 here:
Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only - DroidRzr.com
*Extract that utility to its own folder on your computer...you must extract the file on your pc. It will not work from your phone.
*After the utility is extracted, go to the Motorola drivers folder in the utility and make sure you have the latest Motorola drivers installed on your pc.
*make sure your phone is set to usb debugging mode (menu>system setting>developer options).
*Power your phone off. Then power your phone on while holding down your power, the volume up and volume down buttons simultaneously.
*On your phone select AP Fastboot, then in the utility select option 1..."restore phone to stock .211. Do not unplug the usb cable until the utility finishes.

Please help - I have tried this and it fails to load the boot.img every time. It will only allow my phone to bring up the Dual-Core logo...nothing more. Any ideas?

karaterunner

Reaction score
Low battery...

Try this...

Hey so my phone's battery is pretty much dead, and Matt's utility won't allow me to continue with a low battery despite being plugged into a power source. It won't charge when I plug it into the wall overnight. Any ideas on how I should continue?

Thanks!