Anyway to use a custom startup sound?

ksfrogman

Reaction score
So here's the deal. I've mentioned this before that I like the Moto Droid startup sound. I found the Droid.mp3 and Droid.ogg (not sure what ogg stands for, but it works like the mp3), which I can use as a notification sound or ringtone. However, I want to use the Droid sound only on startup.

How does the Moto Droid work? It runs the same OS, but has a unique startup sound. I don't see an option in my system settings for this. I downloaded Boot Pride, which enables me to use a few of its sound selections (Windows XP, Mac OSX, Windows Vista, Knoppix, Ubuntu), but doesn't allow for my own sound.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

jasonb

Reaction score
The Droid startup sound was the SD card notification. You can put a file on your sd card and set that as the SD card notification sound I guess.

OP
K

ksfrogman

Reaction score
The Droid startup sound was the SD card notification. You can put a file on your sd card and set that as the SD card notification sound I guess.

That's interesting. The OS allows me to set the Notification sound, and I can also turn on the SD card notification, but notification sounds are also used for things like Google mail and Pop mail.